John Twitty Energy Center Unit 2, Springfield, Missouri
- Plum Point Energy Station Mississippi County, Arkansas. Neville, Angela // Power;Oct2011, Vol. 155 Issue 10, p44
The article presents information on the Plum Point Energy Station, located in Mississippi County, Arkansas. It is stated that a number of significant challenges were faced and overcome by the plant's construction team, and comments of Roger Lenertz, director of major projects in Black & Veatch's...
- Designing powerplants for today's competitive environment. Makansi, Jason // Power;Nov94, Vol. 138 Issue 11, p17
Discusses the effect of competition on powerplants designs in the United States due to deregulation. Design as a bottom-line business; Features of the non-utility generator (NUG); Incorporation of flexibility in the final design; Effect of a deregulated environment on the powerplant design;...
- Software... // Power;Jul95, Vol. 139 Issue 7, p68
Features software for powerplant design and simulation from Thermoflow Inc.
- Tunis invites firms to qualify for Elmed power scheme. Ratcliffe, Verity // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;4/30/2010, Vol. 54 Issue 18, p16
The article reports on the request for qualification (RFQ) issued by the Ministry of Industry and Technology for the European Logistics Mediterranean (Elmed) independent power project (IPP) in Tunisia.
- Permit cleared for LBJ plant. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);11/16/2011, Vol. 139 Issue 46, p1A
The article offers information on the permission granted for the construction work of a power plant on Lake Lyndon B. Johnson (LBJ) in Burnet, Texas.
- Cairo to develop five private power plants. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;1/15/2010, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p12
The article reports on the plan of Cairo, Egypt to develop five independent power projects (IPP) at five areas around the country that will provide up to 3,500 mega watts, in which the Egyptian Electricity Holding Co. (EEHC) is said to be the client of the project.
- Work starts on barge power plant. // Modern Power Systems;Apr98, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p5
Reports that work has started on a 108 megawatt barge-mounted power plant in the Khulna district in Bangladesh.
- Dusseldorf builds combined cycle power plant. // Modern Power Systems;Apr98, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p7
Reports that the city of Dusseldorf in Germany will spend around $50 million to build a combined cycle power plant.
- Financial barrier to private sector development. // Modern Power Systems;Apr98, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p7
Reports that India's plans to overcome a severe electricity shortage by attracting private sector power producers to build plants may face hurdles because potential developers are finding it difficult to secure financial backing.