John Twitty Energy Center Unit 2, Springfield, Missouri
- Plum Point Energy Station Mississippi County, Arkansas. Neville, Angela // Power;Oct2011, Vol. 155 Issue 10, p44
The article presents information on the Plum Point Energy Station, located in Mississippi County, Arkansas. It is stated that a number of significant challenges were faced and overcome by the plant's construction team, and comments of Roger Lenertz, director of major projects in Black & Veatch's...
- Designing powerplants for today's competitive environment. Makansi, Jason // Power;Nov94, Vol. 138 Issue 11, p17
Discusses the effect of competition on powerplants designs in the United States due to deregulation. Design as a bottom-line business; Features of the non-utility generator (NUG); Incorporation of flexibility in the final design; Effect of a deregulated environment on the powerplant design;...
- Software... // Power;Jul95, Vol. 139 Issue 7, p68
Features software for powerplant design and simulation from Thermoflow Inc.
- Permit cleared for LBJ plant. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);11/16/2011, Vol. 139 Issue 46, p1A
The article offers information on the permission granted for the construction work of a power plant on Lake Lyndon B. Johnson (LBJ) in Burnet, Texas.
- Work starts on barge power plant. // Modern Power Systems;Apr98, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p5
Reports that work has started on a 108 megawatt barge-mounted power plant in the Khulna district in Bangladesh.
- Dusseldorf builds combined cycle power plant. // Modern Power Systems;Apr98, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p7
Reports that the city of Dusseldorf in Germany will spend around $50 million to build a combined cycle power plant.
- Financial barrier to private sector development. // Modern Power Systems;Apr98, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p7
Reports that India's plans to overcome a severe electricity shortage by attracting private sector power producers to build plants may face hurdles because potential developers are finding it difficult to secure financial backing.
- Construction begins on W. Deptford plant. Kaltwasser, Jared // njbiz;2/13/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p2
The article reports on the start of the construction on a power plant in West Deptford in New Jersey on February 8, 2011.
- Limits set for plant inquiry. // Planning (14672073);9/10/2010, Issue 1885, p5
The article reports on the limitations set for the public inquiry on the proposed construction of a gas-fired power station at Cockenzie in Scotland.