Bush Set to Nominate Democrats Campos, Goldschmid to SEC Posts
- Senate Banking Panel Clears Cox, 2 Other Nominees. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;7/29/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32185, p4
Reports on the approval of the Senate Banking Committee for the nomination of new executives at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Selection of Representative Christopher Cox as the new chairman of the agency; Appointment of Democrats Roel C. Campos and Annette L. Nazareth to fill two...
- K Street Pushes Its Choice for the SEC. Stone, Peter H. // National Journal;5/21/2005, Vol. 37 Issue 21, p1566
Reports on the efforts of business lobbyists, spearheaded by Stanton Anderson, the chief legal officer at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, to influence the selection of a candidate to fill an upcoming Democratic vacancy on the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) as of May 2005. ...
- Roel Campos: A force to be reckoned with. Liss, David // Hispanic;Mar2003, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p20
Features Roel Campos, first Hispanic Commissioner of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, sworn in on August 20, 2002. Reputation Campos established; His overall mission; Brief biography of Campos.
- Who'll Lead the SEC? Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/04/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31029, p1
Reports the candidates for the chairmanship of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in the United States. Background of James R. Doty, top candidate of Texas Governor George W. Bush; List of nominees of Vice President Al Gore; Achievements of Arthur Levitt as SEC chairman.
- Campos Mulls Laws For Raters. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/7/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32333, p1
The article focuses on the views of Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) member Roel Campos, about the actions taken the credit rating agencies and SEC to established a voluntary oversight system for the rating agencies. Campos was disappointed on the delay of finalization of the regulation....
- SEC's Roel Campos to Join Cooley Godward Kronish Firm. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;8/24/2007, Vol. 261 Issue 32699, p6
The article reports on the plan of Roel C. Camspos to leave the Securities and Exchange Commission to join the law firm of Cooley Godward Kronish LLP, as head of its office in Washington, D.C. He will become a partner in the firm's business litigation practice. According to chairman and CEO...
- Senate Approves Four Nominees. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;7/29/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31437, p4
Reports the appointment of several commissioners of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Roel C. Campos; Harvey J. Goldschmid; Paul S. Atkins.
- An SEC nominee. // Pensions & Investments;9/17/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 19, p10
The article discusses attributes needed to be possessed by a successor of Roel C. Campos, commissioner of U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC). It is stated that candidates to fill the vacancy in SEC to be created after retirement of Campos ought to include institutional investors and...
- Campos Leaving SEC Splits Controversial Issue. // Money Management Executive;8/20/2007, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p4
The article reports on the departure of Roel Campos from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Analysts infer that the departure of Campos from the Commission could sidetrack the proposal that would give shareholders more power in the election of directors. Moreover, lawyer John Olson...