Michigan to Refund $90M in Transportation Bonds
- Amid Transportation Debate, Connecticut Readies $450M Swap. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/19/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31536, p3
Reports on the finalization of preparations by the Connecticut government for a synthetic fixed-rate refunding of special tax bonds sold for transportation projects. Sale of variable-rate refunding bonds by the state; Emphasis on tax rise and sending cuts to balance the general fund; Increase...
- New Jersey Spruces Up $1.6B Deal. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;12/10/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31281, p1
Reports on a legislation of New Jersey that excludes refunding bonds issued by the state Transport Trust Fund Authority from its annual debt-limit calculations. Decrease in the amount of refunding bonds; Details on money deal for various transportation projects.
- N.Y. MTA Nears End Of Giant Refinancing. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/28/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31500, p3
Reports on the plan of New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority to complete its multi-billion refinancing late in November 2002 after selling its refunding bonds.
- L.A. MTA to Refund $392 Million of Revenue Bonds. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/6/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31734, p4
Reports that the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority will bring a variable-rate refunding deal into the market in California. Year covered by the refunding deal; Security of the revenue bonds from a permanent countrywide half-cent transportation sales tax; Interest rate...
- With Past as Prologue, Oklahoma Agency Keeps It Competitive. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/14/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31386, p30
Reports the sale of Oklahoma Transportation Authority of refunding bonds in a competitive deals. Sale of bonds through a i-Deal Parity; Lack of plans of transportation agency to issue new-money debt; Division of bond issue into two tranches to spur marketability.
- OTA's Big Refunding. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/2/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31356, p31
Reports on the approval of the refunding of Series 1989 and 1992 revenue bonds of the Oklahoma Transportation Authority by the Legislative Bond Oversight Commission. Sale of the original bonds; Factor contributing to the sale of the debt; Allegations of the yield burning surrounding a 1992...
- Wisconsin GOP Budget Blueprint Raises Threat of Doyle Veto. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/18/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31659, p30
The Wisconsin Legislature's version of the 2003 two-year budget eliminates governor Jim Doyle's proposal to buy back up to 1.6 billion dollars of tobacco bonds, cuts 245 million dollars from a ten-year stewardship bonding program, and increases the state's structural deficit by 270 million...
- Tender Piece Of MTA Deal Now in Doubt. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/25/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31351, p1
Reports the cancellation of the refinancing plan by the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority. Approval of the federal law authorizing an additional advance of refunding certain bonds; Eligibility of the bonds for the refundings; Completion of the tender process.
- MTA Remarketing $348M of Dedicated Tax-Fund Bonds. BURTON, PAUL // Bond Buyer;6/22/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33537, p6
The article informs about the reoffering of dedicated tax variable-rate refunding bonds worth 347.7 million dollars by New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority in June 2011, which were originally sold in 2008.