Standard & Poor's Rates Texas Treasury Pool Ahead of $425M Deal
- Oregon's $2 Billion Pension Deal Draws Foreign Interest. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;10/20/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31743, p7
Reports on the sale of the pension obligation bonds of Oregon. Rate of the taxable municipal bonds; Increase of credit quality; Amount of the general obligation pledge.
- S&P upgrades D.C. to BB, citing improved finances. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;03/12/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30349, p4
Reports that Standards & Poor's Corp. and Moody's Investor Service have raised their general obligation rating for the District of Columbia. Application of the ratings to the district's planned sale of $150 million in new money general obligation bonds and an undetermined amount of refunding...
- Florida Loan Council Goes to Market for North Miami Beach. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/22/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31432, p31
Reports the marketing of revenue bonds by the Florida Municipal Loan Council. Credit ratings of the bonds; Construction of wells for the drinking water supply; Generation of savings through the economies of scale.
- Lay Off the One-Time Revenues, Raters Warn Rhode Island. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;9/13/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32712, p3
The article reports on the impact of Rhode Island's continued use of one-time revenues on its credit rating. The state's purpose of use of such revenues particularly the proceeds of tobacco bond sales, is to plug budget shortfalls. Additional stress or failure to achieve spending restraint goals...
- Raters: St. Louis' Credit Is Looking Up. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/2/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32394, p1
The article reports that the credit rating of the city of Saint Louis in Illinois is improving. Standard and Poor's upgraded its underlying general obligation credit from A-minus to A. While both Moodys Investors Service and Fitch Ratings gave the city a positive outlook. Analysts credited the...
- Southwest: Plain/Insured GO Yield Curves for March 18,2005. // Bond Buyer;3/22/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32095, p31
Presents chart depicting the credit ratings of government bonds in Southwestern States.
- TEXAS: Fitch Boosts San Angelo. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/10/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32667, p9
The article reports that Fitch Ratings Inc. has upgraded the rating of the general obligation (GO) of San Angelo to AA from AA- minus in Texas. San Angelo were respectively rated AA- minus and A1 from Standard & Poor's Corp. and Moody's Investors Service Inc. Fitch confirms that the upgrade is...
- Minneapolis SSD 1 On Moody's Watch. // Bond Buyer;6/24/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31663, p2
Credit ratings company Moody's Investors Service Inc. has assigned Aa2 rating to the $11.85 million of new-money general obligation bonds and $59.99 million of refunding general obligation bonds, Series 2003 of Minneapolis Special School District No. 1 in Minnesota. Analysts cited as a major...
- Georgia's $173 Million General Obligation Deal First for State This Year. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/24/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31663, p25
Georgia plans to sell about $173 million of general obligation bonds on June 24, 2003, marking the first sale of the year for the state. Weyman Smith, the director of the Georgia State Financing and Investment Commission, said the deal is expected to pick up at least six bids. Proceeds from the...