Municipals Finish Little Changed Ahead of New-Issue Bond Calendar
- Futures Markets . // Bond Buyer;1/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31302, p34
Presents statistical details related to the U.S. futures markets as of January 11, 2002. Estimated number of trade contracts of the U.S. treasury bonds; Options on municipal futures.
- Data on jobs, PPI sends contract up, pacing Treasuries. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;07/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30186, p37
Reports in the rise in municipal futures prices with Treasuries in July 1997 following a positive employment report and a decline in producer prices in June.
- Futures Markets. // Bond Buyer;1/28/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31312, p42
Presents statistics for futures market in the U.S. for Friday January 25, 2002. Estimation for number of contracts traded in municipal bond market; Number of contracts traded in the U.S. treasury bonds on January 24; Details for options on municipal futures.
- Futures Markets . // Bond Buyer;2/22/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31330, p46
Presents statistics on futures markets as of February 22, 2002 in the United States. Estimated number of contracts traded in municipal bond market on February 20; Open interest on treasury bonds on February 20; Estimated number of contracts traded in treasury notes market on February 20.
- Futures Markets. // Bond Buyer;12/7/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31280, p40
Presents statistics related to futures market as of December 7, 2001 in the U.S. Number of contracts traded on December 5, 2001; Number of contracts traded in treasury bonds on December 5, 2001; Strike price for options on municipal futures.
- Chicago Futures Falloff. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/23/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31683, p1
Reports that a safeguard built into the settlement procedure for the Chicago Board of Trade's (CBOT) municipal futures contract to reduce its price volatility miscarried the settlement reached in June 2003, potentially curtailing efforts of the CBOT to increase its trading volume. Final...
- Could a slide in stocks prompt a short squeeze in bonds? Reinhard, Charles // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Nov99, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p28
Analyzes Treasury bond movements in the United States starting October 1998. Continuation of the bear move in Treasury bond futures which started in October 1998; Possibility of stretching a mild recovery in bond prices into a short squeeze if traders are forced to cover their positions; Signs...
- Building blocks. Szala, Ginger // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;May2003, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p10
Comments on the campaign of the futures industry for the freedom to clear Treasury bonds in the U.S. Regulatory guidance on the exchanges of futures contracts; Significance on the alteration of the futures exchange system; Net revenues from clearing and transaction fees.
- Futures Markets. // Bond Buyer;2/6/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31319, p34
Presents statistics on the futures market in the U.S. as of February 5, 2002. Number of contracts traded in municipal bonds on February 4, 2002; Estimation for number of contracts traded in treasury bonds; Open interest in treasury notes; Options on municipal futures in the market.