Port Hedland reports record-breaking year
- Ports Power Forward. // Ausmarine;Jul2013, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p33
The article discusses the performances of the major port assets in Australia as of mid-2013. It claims that the country's largest bulk export terminal, Port Hedland, has posted a 29% growth in throughput in January 2013 from fiscal year (FY) 2011-2012. The other featured ports are the Port of...
- The reformation of Australia's ports. Prehn, Eileen // Asian Business Review;Apr96, p40
Makes various observations about ports in Australia. Cargo operations; Charges; Improvement of facilities.
- PARKROYAL Sydney launch. // Travel Daily;2/20/2013, p7
The article offers information on the official launch of Parkroyal Darling Harbour, Sydney, New South Wales.
- Exports drive Port of Melbourne trade improvement. // Ausmarine;Apr2010, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p19
The article reports on the 9.5 percent increase in total trade through the Port of Melbourne in Victoria after declaration of a 14-metre draught.
- More Competition at Container Ports. // Australian Maritime Digest;Dec2010, Issue 197, p5
The article offers information on the annual container stevedoring report issued by Australian Competition and Investment Commission (ACCC) on November 8, 2010, in which the ACCC states that more investments in the ports of Australia is needed to deal with the predicted increase in the demand...
- Straighter and Deeper. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Aug2006, p15
The article reports that the Port of Brisbane in Australia has been given the go signal for a long-term dredging project. The project involves the straightening and deepening of northern Moreton Bay's Spitfire Access Channel between Moreton and Bribie islands. The project is scheduled to begin...
- Sydney Harbour landscape. // Travel Daily;2/19/2013, p2
The article reports that Australian Federal Tourism Minister Martin Ferguson has unveiled Sydney Harbour as Australia's 16th National Landscape.
- Port sold for a song. McIlroy, Jim // Green Left Weekly;11/17/2010, Issue 861, p2
The article reports on the completion of the 2.3 billion dollars sale of the Port of Brisbane to a consortium called Q Port Holdings in Queensland.
- Port Douglas reopens. // Travel Daily;4/14/2014, p6
The article reports on the reopening of Port Douglas in Queensland, Australia, wherein normal operations of businesses in the main street of Port Douglas have resumed following Cyclone Ita which hit Queensland, Australia on April 11, 2014.