Sustainable and organic
- Organic Milk in Short Supply. Telesca, Jenna // Supermarket News Expert Blog;1/9/2012, p5
The article reports on the shortage of organic milk in markets across the U.S. due to several factors such as growing consumer demand and rising organic feed prices.
- Developments in seed production. Shamash, Jack // Horticulture Week;2/28/2008, p41
The article focuses on the development of seed production in Great Britain. According to the author, the growth of seed production is in line with the producers' aim to tailor their products inorder to meet the demands of the market. He cites one professional who informed that the major trend in...
- Market delineation and demand structure. Asche, Frank; Salvanes, Kjell G. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Feb97, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p139
Analyzes the market delineation and demand structure of high-value seafood products in the European Union. Market delineation methodology; Demand analysis; Comparison of the market delineation test and demand analysis; Conclusion.
- BELIEVING THE BENEFITS. Roskelly, Nick // Private Label Buyer;Oct2007, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p18
The author talks about organic foods and beverages and consumers in the U.S. According to the 2007 Manufacturer Survey of the Organic Trade Association (OTA), sales of organic food and beverage in 2006 almost reached $17 billion. The author states that marketers should know whether consumers...
- Substitutions between Fish and Seafood Products at the US National Retail Level. CHIDMI, BENAISSA; HANSON, TERRY; NGUYEN, GIAP // Marine Resource Economics;Winter2012, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p359
A non-linear AIDS model was used to estimate substitution patterns across seafood categories at the US retail market level. Results indicate that demand for catfish, crawfish, clams, and salmon products is elastic, suggesting that consumers are sensitive to price changes. In contrast, demand for...
- Consumer market insights:. // Market: Europe;Oct2003, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p3
Presents an update on consumer market trends in Russia and Europe as of October 2003. Factors boosting internal demand for goods and services in Russia; Reason for the weakness in the demand for French goods and services at home and abroad; Barrier to a rebound in household expenditure in...
- Tale Of Two Coasts. // American Vegetable Grower;Jan2007, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p22
This article presents an outlook for tomatoes in the U.S. in 2007. Effects of the two previous hurricane-plagued years are still lingering as demand for tomatoes is not as high as might be hoped. It is possibly because the hurricanes in Florida caused prices to increase, weakening demand, and...
- The Role of Chemical Sensors in the Trillion Sensor Universe. Stetter, Edward F.; Stetter, Dr. Joseph R. // Sensors;3/20/2015, p1
The article offers the authors' insight on the role of chemical sensors throughout the society, in which they explore the existence of societal trends and demands for sensors which can provide humans with information regarding their health and environment.
- Alaska Seafood demand to North Asia. Wallack, Robert L. // American Journal of Transportation;3/25/2013, Issue 552, p2
The article focuses on North Asia's demand for seafood in Alaska. It discusses the seafood industry in Alaska including its economic importance for the state. It cites the factors causing a slowdown in China's Alaskan seafood processing and exports market. It mentions the increase in Alaskan...