Daddy's Long Legs
- DADDY'S LONG LEGS. // Doll Reader;Feb2003, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p22
Reports that Daddy's Long Legs offers a variety of dolls and figurines, from angels and clowns to fairy babies and Santa based in Texas. Charitable work done by the company; Photographs of dolls created by the company.
- DADDY'S LONG LEGS RETIRING. // Doll Reader;Nov2003, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p19
Reports on the discontinuation in the production of the Daddy's Long Legs dolls in Southlake, Texas. Factors contributing to the discontinuation in production; Product lines of the firm.
- Doll Scene. // Doll Reader;Nov98, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p10
Presents information on various dolls. Features of the Daddy's Long Legs dolls; Construction of the Corolle dolls; Additions to the 1998 product line of the Alexander Doll Company.
- Befriending Barbie. Caudron, Shari // Workforce;Sep2002, Vol. 81 Issue 9, p22
Presents an article on the passion of Barbie doll collectors represented during the 22nd annual Barbie Doll Collectors Convention. Description of the interests of the collectors in the toy; Highlights of a fashion show for the doll; Values associated with the collection of Barbie dolls.
- Tell me a story. Maddigan, Dick; Maddigan, Pauline // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Aug94, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p28
Offers a look into doll collections. Historiography; Sources.
- Quint dolls revisited. Madigan, Dick; Madigan, Pauline // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Nov94, Vol. 99 Issue 9, p56
Features the Quintuplet composition dolls produced by the Alexander Doll Co. from 1935 to 1939 and their popularity with doll collectibles. Replicas of the first surviving Quints; Alexander Doll Co. as manufacturer of Dionnes; Price trends; Remarks by doll collector expert Billie Nelson...
- Princely toys. Tempest, Jack // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Jun95, Vol. 100 Issue 4, p22
Features several antique mechanical figures and dolls. History of the mechanical figures; Design; Countries of origin; Museum of Automata's exhibition; Contact information.
- Antique character dolls. Madigan, Dick; Madigan, Pauline // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Apr96, Vol. 101 Issue 2, p30
Discusses various aspects concerning the collection of antique character dolls of the early 20th century. Simon & Halbig's design patent for a smiling child; Expressions on commercially produced doll heads; Kammer & Reinhardt's mold designs; German porcelain factories' response to market...
- International adoptions: A brief history of doll collecting. Coleman, Dorothy; Coleman, Evelyn // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Apr96, Vol. 101 Issue 2, p50
Focuses on the history of doll collecting. Romantic Historians; Dolls as a teaching tool; Noted collectors; Tourist Teachers as collectors of the 1890s and early years of the 20th century; Head Hunters generation; Youth dolls with bisque heads or Brus; Dolls of the plastic and vinyl generation;...