Open-space range war
- Regional ethnic conflicts. Alaev, Enrid // Russian Social Science Review;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p71
Focuses on the regional conflicts of the Soviet Union from 1986 to 1995. Estimation on the number of regional ethnic conflicts recorded; Indepth look at these conflicts; How conflicts can be resolved.
- More nations whip up squalls over tiny isles. Barr, Cameron W. // Christian Science Monitor;3/27/96, Vol. 88 Issue 84, p1
Focuses on conflicts between nations over islands. Islands Britain and Argentina fought over; Number of Yemenis killed during a fight with Eritrean forces over the Hanish Islands in the Red Sea; Increasing number of countries interested in asserting claims on islands.
- When morals conflict. DeMars, Nan // Secretary;Oct95, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p3
Advises on dealing with conflicts between personal and professional responsibility. Problem of responding to a boss's request for assistance regarding legal work in an abortion case.
- Research gone bad? Serb, Chris // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;08/05-08/20/98, Vol. 72 Issue 15/16, p76
Focuses on conflicts of interest between researchers and research periodicals. Information on a study which examined funding resources for authors writing about calcium channel blockers which was published in `New England Journal of Medicine' periodical; Comments from Toronto researcher, Allan...
- Populist poppycock. // Wilson Quarterly;Summer94, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p129
Presents an excerpt from the article `Demosclerosis,' by Jonathan Rauch in `New Republic', June 6, 1994. Flaw of populist exhortations in rescuing government from special interests; Bases of the concept of special interest.
- Beyond conflict of interest. Smith, Richard // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);08/01/98, Vol. 317 Issue 7154, p291
Editorial. Comments on the conflict of interest between doctors in Great Britain. Criticism of the `New England Journal of Medicine' for failing to declare authors' conflicts of interest; Reference to a study published in the `Journal of the American Medical Association' periodical.
- Trans-Asian. // AirGuide Online.com;12/14/2009, p20
The article reports on the diplomatic conflict between the government of Thailand and Cambodia on the 15 million dollars Trans-Asian railway construction project.
- Americans' answer. Moulitsas, Markos // Hill;10/22/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 120, p23
The article focuses on the several political issues faced by the Americans which include the conflict between the Democrats and the Republicans and the declining U.S. economic condition.
- John Bell's conflict of interest. Baylis, Michael Richard // BMJ: British Medical Journal;11/17/2012, Vol. 345 Issue 7883, p30
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Clinical trial data for all drugs in current use" by Godlee F. in 29 October 2012 issue of British Medical Journal(BMJ).