Six Figures and Still Struggling hellip
- A Framework of Asset-Accumulation Stages and Strategies. Beverly, Sondra G.; McBride, Amanda Moore; Schreiner, Mark // Journal of Family & Economic Issues;Summer2003, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p143
Based on a study with 298 low-income participants, we propose that asset accumulation occurs in 3 stages. In the first stage (reallocation), current resource inflows exceed current outflows. To do this, people reallocate resources from consumption or leisure. In the second stage (conversion),...
- Investment Commentary. Preston, James E. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/15/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 28, p24
Offers suggestions for financial planning. Use of retirement savings; Evaluation of investments; Short- and long-term planning; Process of saving and investing.
- How not to waste money. Mackenzie, Jane // Choice;Oct2005, p2
Presents an introduction to a series of articles about saving and thrift.
- Saving for a rainy day. SWATI CHOPRA VIKAMSEY // Mother & Baby;Mar2015, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p46
The article discusses about how one can plan investments systematically to secure the future of a child by investing in mutual funds, equity portfolio and real estate.
- A timid 'trust me' approach. Frith, Damon // BRW;5/12/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p18
The author considers the 2011 budget plan of the Australian government as a timid budget with large numbers that are hard to quantify, including the 22 billion Australian dollars in identified savings and the nearly two billion Australian dollars in savings from the flood and cyclone tax.
- SPREADING THE RISKS OF SHORTER-TERM SAVING. Tirbutt, Edmund // Accountancy;Jul1988, Vol. 102 Issue 1139, p89
Stresses the need for the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales to establish rules on personal financial planning. Factors influencing the growth of personal savings in the 1970s; Increase sophistication of the savings market in the 1980s; Lowering of the gap between banks and...
- To Every Thing There Is A Season. Baier, Richard // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/31/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 41, p19
Reports on the need for individuals to monitor their financial plans and objectives and adapt them to changing circumstances in the U.S. Means of establishing an emergency savings fund; Details on the process for financial planning; Significance of developing a contingency plans for death,...
- It's Your Money. Lunt, Ralph // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Dec2010, Vol. 62 Issue 6, p11
The article provides financial advice and general information on financial planning particularly in the U.S., which suggests getting familiar with several financial options available such as the Servicemember Group Life Insurance, taking a look at several insurance alternatives in the private...
- super ideas. Tarakson, Stella // Australian Parents;Aug/Sep2003, p92
Offers ideas on family financial planning. Advantage of superannuation over other types of investments; Exceptions to employers' obligation to pay a percentage of employees' salaries into a super fund or retirement savings account; Examples of investment strategies; Drawbacks of investing on...