CONNECTICUT: Rating Reassurance
- Fitch-All Agencies 'Virtually Identical'. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/10/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 23, p8
Focuses on the release of a structured finance bond performance statistics for virtually identical rating agencies by Fitch Inc. Differences between agencies in terms of structured finance bond ratings; Response of Fitch Inc. to the ongoing notching controversy; Rivalry between Moody's...
- Harris County, Tex., to Sell Nearly $200 Million in Road Refunding GOs. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/31/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31215, p3
Reports on the sale of general obligation road refunding bonds by Harris County, Texas. Accounts on bond ratings of the county by the companies Standard & Poor's and Moody's Investors Service; Allocation of the bond sale for refunding outstanding bonds; Continuance of the issuance of commercial...
- Weakened N.Y. County on Moody's Watch List. // Bond Buyer;11/14/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31265, p39
Reports on the focus of Moody's Investors Service on Monroe County, New York for a possible downgrade affecting in outstanding debt. Effects of the decision of Moody on the county's financial condition; Reliance of county on manufacturing sector; Credit of Standard & Poor's rating outlook for...
- The Trading Floor. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;1/29/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31313, p5
Reports on the trading floor Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s Standard & Poor's Corp.'s efforts to enhance ratings. Reason for the company to enhance ratings; Implementation of changes in response to the economic downturn and market volatility.
- Moody's, S&P issue a pair of downgrades. // AHA News;11/01/99, Vol. 35 Issue 43, p2
Presents information on the lowering of health care revenue bonds of two investments company. Web site of Moody's Investors Service; Rating of health care revenue bonds of Standard & Poor's.
- Downgrades outpace upgrades. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;2/6/95, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p6
Reports on ratings on municipal healthcare bond ratings. Ratings by Standard & Poor's Corp.; Ratings from Moody's Investors Service of New York; Downgraded facilities as single-site hospitals in competitive markets that have been unable to keep up with the rapid pace of change.
- Upgrades Help Put Ohio County Back on the Straight and Narrow. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;05/05/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30885, p1
Focuses on the upgraded bond rating for Summit County, Ohio given by Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Standard & Poor's Corp. Recovery of the county from a bond-related corruption scandal indicated by the improved rating; Value of bond issue from the county.
- S&P won't follow Moody's N.J. upgrade. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;09/25/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30486, p3
Reports on Standard & Poor Corp.'s decision not to follow Moody's Investors Service's Service Inc.'s upgrading of New Jersey's appropriation-backed bonds. Financial challenges facing the state; Moody's reasons for raising the ratings; Importance of the state's handling of property taxes to a...
- Rating agencies give Illinois a lift. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;07/21/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30191, p3
Reports on the upward revision of Illinois' credit ratings by Standard & Poor's and Moody's Investors Service as the state prepares for a general obligation bond sale on July 22, 1997. Attribution of upgrades to the state's strong economy; Decline in Illinois' budget deficit; Intended uses for...