Panel: Consolidation of Electronic Trading Platforms to Continue Apace
- This year's Top 250 listing is a reflection of the industry itself. Lucy, Jim; Tobaben, Sarah // Electrical Wholesaling;Sep2001, Vol. 82 Issue 9, p22
Presents a list of the largest acquisitions of electrical distributors from 2000- 2001. Indications on the softening of the economy; Increase in the number of consolidations; Prevalence of dominant market positions by international players.
- New owner likely to grow United Audio. Baeb, Eddie // Crain's Chicago Business;02/07/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p38
Reports the merger between United Audio Centers Inc. and Tweeter Home Entertainment group in Chicago, Illinois. Expansion of United Audio Center retail stores; Impact of the formed merger on the electronic retailing industry; Company profile of Tweeter Home Entertainment.
- Nematron pays $4.2M for Oakland firm. Roush, Matt // Crain's Detroit Business;11/27/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 48, p31
Reports the acquisition of A-OK Controls Engineering, a control systems design and integration company by Nematron Corp. in Michigan. Need to raise an additional capital by Nematron; Complete details of the deal contained in the Nematron quarterly financial report; Impact of the acquisition on...
- DATACOM NEWS. // CEE News;Jan2001, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p38
Reports developments related to the electronics industry in the United States as of January 2001. Acquisition of Fisk Electric Co. by Tyco Electronics Corp.; Emphasis on office rewiring by cabling firms; Implications of the Tyco acquisition of the Lucent Technologies Inc. Power Systems.
- Global moves, mergers likely to continue. Levine, Bernard // Electronic News;12/4/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2094, Distribution Trends 1996 p8
Relates that no end is in sight to the globalization and consolidation of the electronics distribution industry. Expectation of more acquisitions in 1996; Agreements by industry leaders Arrow and Avnet, with companies in Hong Kong, Taiwan, New Zealand and South Africa; Comments by various...
- Tomorrow is Here Now for Distributors. Levine, Bernard // Electronic News;07/05/99, Vol. 45 Issue 27, p42
Focuses on the electronics distribution industry. Mergers and acquisitions among distribution companies; Opportunities for the companies.
- Consolidation Felt in Equipment Business. // Electronic News;08/02/99, Vol. 45 Issue 31, p35
Focuses on the prevalence of consolidation and merger in the electronic industry in the United States. Speculations on the total number of companies in prospect; Factors affecting the prevalence of consolidation; Competition extent in the equipment market.
- Acquisition Tips from the Pros. Demers, Marie Eve // Electronic News;08/21/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 34, p6
Reports on the result of the study conducted by Best Practices LLC on the merger and acquisition (M&A) in the electronics industry of the United States. Percentage increase of merger in 1999; Views of analysts on the integration of the operation of VEBA Electronics LLC into the operation of...
- The package. Levine, Bernard; Guinther, Fred // Electronic News;8/05/96, Vol. 42 Issue 2128, p40
Reports on merger developments in the electronics industry as of August 5, 1996. Augat Inc.'s formation of a strategic partnership with Woo Young Co. Ltd.; Aavid Thermal Technologies joint venture with Birchtek Engineering Co. Ltd.; Nordson Corp.'s plan to acquire Asymptotic Technologies.