Bill Calls for FHA Policy's Permanence
- Finance Board Layoffs Probed. // American Banker;12/20/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 243, p20
Reports on the investigation by the General Accounting Office on the firing of 10 employees as part of restructuring at the Federal Housing Finance Board. Leading the investigation into whether federal civil service rules have been violated is Senate Banking Chairman, Paul Sarbanes; Why the job...
- Amendment Bans Defaulting Borrowers. Collins, Brian // Origination News;Jul2010, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p35
The article reports the approval of the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) reform bill which bans lenders from making FHA loans to borrowers.
- FHA Bill Introduced in U.S. Senate. // Broker Magazine;Aug2006, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p14
The article reports that the U.S. Federal Housing Administration has introduced a bill for it to provide more affordable housing to low and moderate-income borrowers. The bill attempts to modernize new legislation to allow the agency to adapt changes in the mortgage loan industry. It also...
- Veto Threat Looms over Rescue Bill. Collins, Brian // National Mortgage News;4/14/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p18
The article reports on the refusal of President George W. Bush's administration to support the foreclosure bill in the U.S. The administration claimed that the changes to the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) and revenue bond proposals made the bill unacceptable. The letter sent by two White...
- Lenders Rally Support for FHA Reforms. // National Mortgage News;7/5/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 39, p13
The article focuses on the support rendered by several moneylenders and loan providers to the Federal Housing Administration legislative reforms and proposals in the U.S.
- More Sign On To Trust Fund. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/25/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31373, p4
Reports the federal legislation on the creation of National Housing Trust Fund in the U.S. Introduction of the bill by Representative Bernie Sanders; Generation of surplus by the Federal Housing Administration.
- Dems Propose FHA-Refi Subsidy. Collins, Brian // National Mortgage News;3/17/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p26
The article reports on the plan of the House and Senate Banking Committees to make a bill for the homeowners in the Federal Housing Administration (FHA)-insured mortgages in Washington D.C. The bill is designed to keep foreclosures and housing price and to provide $300 billion which will assist...
- Housing Bill Talks Go Down To Wire, Then Keep Going. Kaper, Stacy; Blackwell, Rob // American Banker;5/16/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 95, p1
The author reports on negotiations between members of the U.S. Senate regarding a legislative bill designed to stabilize housing prices in the U.S. Disagreements which arose between U.S. Senators regarding the bill are discussed, including the funding of a program in which the U.S. Federal...
- Bill Allows FHA Insurance Cancellation. Sichelman, Lew // Mortgage Servicing News;Nov2000, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p2
Focuses on a legislation that would allow homeowners with government mortgages to cancel insurance coverage in the United States. Provisions of the bill; Sponsor of the bill; Requirements of the Federal Housing Administration.