THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT
- ECONOMIC HIGHLIGHTS. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;9/5/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p21
Presents an overview of the economic condition in the U.S. as of September 5, 2005. Increase in bond prices on short to intermediate term bonds; Percentage yield of the 2-year U.S. Treasury Note; Impact of the increase in oil prices on consumers.
- Marketing bonded new life to 'I' series. James, Dana // Marketing News;11/06/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 23, p7
The article presents a case study on the I Bond, a new savings bond that protects consumer investments against inflation by the Savings Bond Marketing Office (SBMO) in the U.S. Savings bonds sales by 1999 had slipped to 4.6 billion dollars a year, from 6 billion-to-8 billion dollars annually...
- Finance: Look for lower interest rates and cheaper oil to stimulate growth. Kidd, Phillip E. // Architectural Record;Jun1986, Vol. 174 Issue 7, p43
Looks at the status of consumer credit and spending in the U.S. in 1986. Conditions which signal the lack of economic growth in the country; Concern about the financial position of consumers at the start of 1986; Impact of the declining interest rates on the value of outstanding bonds; Areas...
- Schwab Says Bond Funds Fit Average Joe. Burke, Kevin // Money Management Executive;9/01/2003, Vol. 11 Issue 34, p10
Reports on the benefits for an average investor of investing in bond funds, according to U.S. discount brokerage Charles Schwab. Comparison of the merits of individual fixed-income securities and fixed-income mutual funds; Approach used by the company to attract customers; Advantages of owning...
- LADWP Approves Rate Hikes to Back New Bonds. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;9/14/2012, Vol. 121 Issue 33782, p1
The article presents information on the hike of an electric rate for revenue bonds which is approved by the commissioners of the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) in Los Angeles, California. It informs that for the residential customers the hike will be of 5.5 percent while it...
- Target every color of the rainbow, marketers urge. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;10/28/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 43, p5
Reports on the growth of the minority consumer group in the United States. Economic impact of the group's growth; Steps that should be taken by businesses to market products to the minorities.
- WORLD WAR II POSTER CAMPAIGNS. Witkowski, Terrence H. // Journal of Advertising;Spring2003, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p69
A core value throughout much of American history, frugality received official sanction during World War II when the U.S. government, to mobilize the home front, launched poster campaigns that preached being thrifty with goods and services, recycling metals and other materials, growing and...
- Dropoff less severe than expected in April. Hogsett, Don // Home Textiles Today;5/6/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 35, p17
Reports on the impact of economic downturn on the buying behavior of the consumer in the U.S. Details on the sentiments of the consumer on economic conditions; Assessment on the plans of the consumers to acquire homes, cars,and major appliances; Analysis of the consumer confidence index.
- Consumer Prices. // Family Economics & Nutrition Review;2002, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p91
Presents data on consumer prices in the U.S. as of January 2002.