California County Pushes Firms for More Pro Bono Work
- Law firm specialists flourish. Lamb, Rose-robin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/24/2000-11/30/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 47, p1B
Discusses the role of third party services in the growth of many law firms in Long Island, New York. Management of payroll services; Performance of information technology and marketing services; Accomplishment of industry-specific services such as court reporting, stenography and evidence...
- FINANCE. // Lawyer;11/26/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 47, p15
Explains that outsourcing contracts dominate the activities of companies that require the services of law firms should. Highlights on the examples of several deals in which law firms are involved.
- A matter of law. Koury, Fred // Smart Business Pittsburgh;Nov2009, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p4
The author relates that oversight in contracts could lead to disaster in one's business in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He stresses the importance of having an attorney that can review the documents before committing in an agreement. He encourages business owners to invest in good relationship with...
- Special report: Outsourcing -- Out and about. Kinder, Tabby // Lawyer (Online Edition);2/2/2015, p20
The article discusses the decision of some law firms to outsource work out of London, England to save costs.
- Mexican wave is the model outsourcing arrangement. // Lawyer;6/14/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p6
In this article the author discusses the outsourcing lower-value transactional work to regional firms in Great Britain.
- CHOOSING SIDES. Hoare, Steve // Lawyer;3/17/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p18
Cites the key findings of a survey of outsourcing companies' in-house lawyers in Great Britain in 2003. Conflicts of interest that have emerged as most law firms' top priority; Examination of whether it is best to choose between customers and suppliers; Implications on lawyers and law firms. ...
- Law firms jockeying for job as Bills' counsel. Fink, James // Buffalo Law Journal;2/27/2012, Vol. 84 Issue 17, p1
The article reports that Erie County, New York, Executive Mark Poloncarz said that an agreement will be signed with the law firm that will serve as outside counsel during upcoming lease negotiations with the Buffalo Bills. 13 firms have expressed interest, according to Erie County. The current...
- English contract law under threat. Hobbs, Kathryn // Lawyer;10/29/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 43, p3
Reports on the effect of the suggested changes to European contract law on the function of the English law as the preferred jurisdiction for contract matters. Details of the options presented to the Communication on European Contract Law; Impact of the possible changes on lawyers and law firms...
- Warrior Mask. Baroni, Michael // InsideCounsel;Feb2008, Issue 195, p82
The author offers insights on the need for in-house counsel to reveal in deeds, not emotions. He emphasizes the need for in-house counsel to show their professionalism. He also stresses the need to show no sign of weakness. He notes that there are lots of opportunities for in-house counsel to...