Nebraska Lawmakers Hike Taxes, Reject Governor's Cuts
- Gov. Davis Proposes Tax Increases to Close California Budget Gap. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/13/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31551, p36
Reports that California governor Gray Davis has proposed for raising taxes in the state's budget. Possible benefits of the rise in taxes; Other proposals by the governor for the budget; Need for the budget's approval.
- The interim on financial instruments still a niggle. // Accountancy;Feb1998, Vol. 121 Issue 1254, p9
Reports on Great Britain's Inland Revenue, Department of Treasury, and the Customs and Excise Department's publication of a joint code of practice on budget consultations. Government's intention to consult on tax policy matters.
- Casinos hint at job growth woes. Sodoma, Brian // Las Vegas Business Press;7/28/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p1
Reports on the reaction of local gaming officials and tax experts on the budget passed by the Nevada Legislature in 2003. Increase on the tax imposed on the gross gaming revenues of gaming operators; Scope of the tax component of the budget; Elimination of burdensome business taxes.
- Lessons learned from Legislative session. Hunt, Lorraine // Las Vegas Business Press;7/28/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p5
Comments on the 2003 legislative budget session in Nevada concluded in July. Budget and tax legislation passed; Selective increases in some taxes; Background on the gross receipts method of taxation.
- Establishing more rational relations between federal and regional budgets. Semenov, G.; Tedstrom, John E. // Russian Social Science Review;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p3
Suggests ways of updating the tax-budget mechanism, the framework and financial bases of federalism in Russia. Impact of the existing structure of the redistributive processes and the existing authority in Russia's economy on relations between budgets; Budget sharing approaches; Tendencies in...
- LETTER. Olmsted, Scott // San Diego Business Journal;10/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p47
Calls for the reduction of federal taxes in order to keep tax money in California. Imbalance between the taxes remitted by California to the federal government and the value of federal government's spending in California.
- Mixed tidings from surplus deal. // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/15/96, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p6A
Editorial. Comments on the budget surplus of the Indiana state for the year 1996. Estimated value of the surplus; Effect of the budget surplus on tax policies.
- State budget crunch sets stage for Lansing tax-cut battles. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;5/27/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p37
Reports the impact of tax cuts on state budget in Michigan. Importance of commercialization and manufacture of alternative-energy technologies; Implication of an ongoing tax reductions for business and residents in jeopardy.
- Federal budget 1995. Ong, Colin // Chinatown News;3/3/95, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p10
Gives a description of Paul Martin's second budget for Canada that was passed on February 27, 1995. Personal tax changes; Corporate, private businesses and professional income; Other changes.