First Couple Report No Interest From Tax-Exempt Bond Holdings
- Cheneys' Tax-Exempt Security Holdings Put at $15 Million. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;4/17/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31367, p3
Focuses on the tax-exempt securities of Vice President Richard Cheney and wife Lynne in the U.S. Taxable income of the couple including the cash bonus from the vice president's service at Halliburton Co.; Tax-exempt investments of President George W. Bush and wife Laura; Comparison on the...
- Cheneys Held an Estimated $5.6M in Tax-Exempts; Bushes Again Held None. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;4/18/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32362, p4
The article reports that the U.S. Vice President Richard Cheney and his wife, Lynne Cheney have held an estimated 5.6 million dollars tax-exempt securities while U.S. President George W. Bush and his wife, Laura Bush, held no tax-exempt debt in 2005. For the sixth year running, the Bushes did...
- Remarks at the White House Children's Story Hour. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;12/23/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 51, p2170
Presents the conversation among U.S. President George W. Bush, his wife Laura Bush and several third graders, regarding a Christmas story.
- Remarks at a Bush-Cheney Luncheon in Milwaukee. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;10/6/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 40, p1314
Presents remarks given by U.S. President George W. Bush during a luncheon in Milwaukee, Wisconsin on October 3, 2003. Views of Bush about his First Lady, Laura Bush; Challenges and problems encountered by Bush during his term; Accomplishments of the government under the regime of Bush.
- Digest of Other White House Announcements. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;11/1/2004, Vol. 40 Issue 44, p2685
Presents a digest of public appearances and activities of U.S. President George W. Bush from October 23 to October 29, 2004. His travels to Florida with Laura Bush on October 23, 2004; Places he travelled from October 24-29, 2004.
- First Lady Laura Welch Bush. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2008, p527
An almanac entry for Laura Welch Bush is presented. She was born in Midland, Texas on November 4, 1946. She graduated from Southern Methodist University and earned a master's degree in library science at the University of Texas in Austin. She married George W. Bush in 1977 and she gave birth to...
- Remarks and an Exchange With Reporters Aboard Air Force One. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;12/1/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 48, p1710
Presents the remarks of U.S. President George W. Bush issued on November 27, 2003. Reason for going to Iraq; Commentary from Laura Bush regarding his decision to go to Iraq; His effort against terrorism.
- Proclamation 8092--National Mentoring Month, 2007. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;1/1/2007, Vol. 42 Issue 52, p2208
The article focuses on Proclamation 8092 released by U.S. President George W. Bush that declares January 2007 as the National Mentoring Month. The event aims to honor individuals who are committed to helping the next generation reach their full potential. It offers information on Helping...
- Remarks in a Discussion on the Gulf Coast School Library Recovery Initiative in New Orleans, Louisiana. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;9/4/2006, Vol. 42 Issue 35, p1520
The article presents a speech by U.S. President George W. Bush delivered in New Orleans, Louisiana on August 29, 2006. He discusses how good education means requiring updated books and libraries. First Lady Laura Bush discusses how the foundation for school libraries wanted to keep on giving...