N.Y.-N.J. Port Authority's Outlook Bumped Up to Stable by Moody's
- N.Y.S. suggests plan to end port authority battle with N.J. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;04/23/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30626, p3
Reports that the New York State is proposing a reorganization of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. Establishment of two subdivisions to handle state-specific projects; Solution to the jurisdictional crisis.
- Longshoremen Face Off against Bayonne. Ruth, João;-Pierre S. // njbiz;10/1/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 41, p3
The article reports that the longshoremen of Bayonne, New Jersey oppose the city government's decision to sell a chunk of the former Military Ocean Terminal for $50.5 million to the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. The longshoremen argue that the deal will block the return of...
- Crain's forum on Levin's Port Authority plans. // Crain's New York Business;06/11/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p14
Reports the plans of Neil Levin, executive director of the Port Authority for the bistate agency in New York & New Jersey. Information on the location and sponsors of the event; Discussions on the lease of city airports and status of the agency's capital projects; Cost and time of the...
- Keeping Politics Out of the Port Authority. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;05/14/2001, Vol. 246 Issue 19, p80
Editorial. Addresses the status of the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey. Patronage and pork barrel politics in the Port Authority; Role of New York state's governor George Pataki on the politicization of the Port Authority.
- Port Agency Of N.Y., N.J. To Spend Big. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;4/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31362, p1
Focuses on the plan of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to spend for capital projects. Impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on debt sale; Operating budget for the projects; Advantage of the capital plan.
- N.Y.-NJ. Port Authority Treasurer Bohlen to Retire. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/5/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31941, p4
Reports on the decision of Bruce D. Bohlen to retire in his position as treasurer of Port Authority of New York & New Jersey. Significance of Bohlen in the department; Plan of Bohlen to work in consulting in municipal finance or insurance; Involvement of Bohlen in the insurance settlements...
- NEW JERSEY: Train Tunnel Partners. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;4/2/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32599, p9
The article reports that the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey has entered into a memorandum of understanding with New Jersey Corp. to define each agencies' role in the $7.2 billion Trans-Hudson Express tunnel project in New Jersey. The project, which is also called Access to the...
- The Glue Gives Way. Quinn, William T. // Business News New Jersey;9/18/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p14
Assesses the impact of the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center on the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. Date of construction of the tower; Operations of the Port Authority; Cost of the tower.
- N.Y.-N.J. Port Agency Eyes New Airport, Smart Cards. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;7/1/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32166, p3
Reports on the plan of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey to consider adding a new airport as a possible means to expand passenger capacity at its facilities. Proposal of the authority for a new airport to accommodate the expected an increase in the number of passengers; Emphasis of...