Municipal Bond Prices End Firm; Greenspan, New Issues on Plate
- Municipals Jump ï¿½ to 3/8 of a Point Amid Another Day of Equity Volatility. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;7/12/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31426, p2
Reports the increase of municipal bond prices in the U.S. Acceleration of the producer price index (PPI); Impact of PPI on inflation rate; Consideration of rate hikes by the Federal Reserve Board.
- Yield Indexes Show Overall Decline, Following Weak Economic Data. O'Connor, Jeanine // Bond Buyer;06/02/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30904, p35
Focuses on the `Bond Buyer' newspaper's yield indexes on municipal bonds in the United States as of June 2, 2000. Effort by the United States Federal Reserve Board to slow down the US economy; Index of general obligation yields.
- High rates keep attracting buyers. Ulick, Jake // Bond Buyer;04/30/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30383, p1
Reports on the closing prices of secondary municipal bonds in the United States as of April 29, 1998. Entry of more than $1 billion in new money in the bonds market; Enforcement of cautious pricing strategy since April 27, 1998; Adoption of bias towards tightening interest rates at the US...
- Market to Watch Retail, Greenspan. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;07/11/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30929, p2
Discusses the importance of June retail sales figures in anticipating the move of the United States Federal Reserve Board in the third quarter of 2000. Plans of the U.S. Labor Department to release the inflation-measuring producer price index on July 15, 2000; Efforts of firms to adjust to...
- P&C Companies Posted $6.4 Billion of Income in First Quarter. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/25/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31664, p6
Property and casualty insurance company profitability increased during the first quarter, as net income after taxes rose 20.6% over the first three months of 2002 to $6.4 billion. The first quarter results were driven by improved underwriting results and an increase in net investment gains,...
- Yield Indexes Drop as Fed Leaves Funds Rate Unchanged. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;9/19/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31723, p7
Focuses on the factors influencing the drop of the Bond Buyer municipal bond yield indexes in the U.S. Changes in the trading activity; Decision of the Federal Reserve Board to leave the federal funds target rate unchanged; Increase in basis points after moderate new-issue activity.
- Households' Share Rose 11% to $845 Billion, Fed Says. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;3/15/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32339, p7
The article reports on the increase in the household holdings share of the municipal securities as presented by the Federal Reserve Board in the U.S. According to Peter Delahunt, national institutional sales manager at Raymond James & Associates Inc., an increase in household ownership is...
- Municipals Rise 1â„8 to Â¼ Point; New Deals Get Mixed Reception. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;3/27/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31353, p2
Reports the increase of the municipal bonds in the U.S. Decline of durable goods orders; Efforts of the Federal Reserve Bureau to increase interest rates; Accounts on the pricing of the general obligation markets of Los Angeles Unified School District.
- Liquidity, Longer WAMs Position Portfolios Well for Interest Rate Ease. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;10/02/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30491, p6
Focuses on the United States Federal Reserve Board's decision to reduce interest rates on municipal bonds. Retention of municipal bonds' 77 days long weighed average maturity (WAM); Importance of maintaining a high WAM; Efforts of money market funds to keep a liquid portfolio.