NEWS IN BRIEF
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;5/13/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31385, p2
Reports business developments in the U.S. as of May 2002. Decrease of the producer price index; Plan of Sheila C. Bair to resign as treasury assistant secretary for financial institutions; Need for banks to improve risk management.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;9/16/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31471, p2
Reports business developments in the U.S. as of September 16, 2002. Increase in the sales in retail; Decline of the core rate of overall producer price index; Decrease in the consumer sentiment index of University of Michigan.
- Jan. PPI Up 0.6%; Core Rate Rises 0.3%. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;3/19/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31845, p2
Reports on the producer price index in the U.S. for January 2004.
- BUSINESS COSTS. // Supply Management;3/4/2010, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p44
The article reports on the annual 0.7% drop in the services producer price index in the last quarter of 2009.
- BUSINESS PRESS BLOG. Mylchreest, Ian // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);7/31/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 31, p6
The article presents updates of concern to the business community in the U.S. An increasing number of storefront clinics are setting up in major chain stores in Las Vegas, Nevada. The Labor Department's Producer Price Index rose 0.5 percent in July 31, 2006, more than what economists predicted....
- On margin. // Finance Week;8/31/2001, p66
Presents updates relevant to businesses in South Africa for the week of August 31, 2001. Producer price index inflation in the country; Criticism against the decision of South African Airways to reduce the size of its economy seats.
- Projecting future drug expenditures--2002. Shah, Nilay D. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;1/15/2002, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p131
Discusses drug-cost projections for 2002 and factors likely to influence drug costs in the United States. Increasing health care costs in the country; Complexity of forecasting patterns of pharmaceutical expenditures; Producer Price Index; Trends in expenditures by practice setting.
- India: Deficit Target In Doubt. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/23/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p8
Assesses the business performance of India as of August 2004. Factors behind the rise of the wholesale price index; Implications of rising bond yields; Dilemma being faced by the Reserve Bank of India.
- May PPI Jumps 0.8%; Core Rate Up 0.3%. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;6/18/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31908, p2
Reports on the increase in the overall producer price index in the U.S. Role of the continued rise in wholesale energy and food prices; Gain in the energy prices; Percentage of the increase of finished food prices.