Nassau's News Just Got Better
- NCIFA Gives Initial Approval to Nassau County Budget, 4-Year Plan. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/9/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31488, p4
Reports on the approval of fiscal 2003 budget proposed by County executive Thomas Souzzi by the Interim Finance Authority, Nassau County, New York (NCIFA). Expected outlook of the budget; Opinion of NCIFA on risks involved in the plan.
- Arena dreams. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/30/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 36, p38A
Reports on the need to construct a coliseum in Long Island, New York. Replacement of the existing facility Nassau Coliseum; Agreement of government official Thomas Souzzi to build a coliseum; Cost for the construction of the coliseum.
- Key authority Q&A. Josefak, Lisa // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);02/16/98, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p33
Presents Glen Cove, New York, Mayor Thomas Souzzi's remarks about the revitalization of city's waterfront. Focus of the revitalization project; Problems in the revitalization efforts; Plans to encourage waterfront-related uses; Summary of the project.
- It's decision time in Nassau County. Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/5/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 15, p47A
Assesses the effects of the financial plan on the political career of Thomas Suozzi, an executive in Nassau County, New York. Views of the minority groups on the proposed bill; Impact of the budget policy on various businesses; Factors influencing the decrease of job opportunities.
- Oversight Analysis. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/6/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31734, p31
Reports on the result of the analysis on the proposed spending package of Nassau County executive Thomas Souzzi in New York. Development of watch list action; Creation of the Nassau Sewer and Storm Water Authority; Amount of estimated savings produced by the contract settlement.
- Suozzi's first 60: 'Mark it incomplete' Mancini, Rosamaria // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/1/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p1A
Reports on plans of Thomas R. Souzzi, Nassau's seventh County Officer to prepare for an economic development strategy in New York City. Need to solve the fiscal crisis; Allocation of federal funds toward the cleanup of contaminated areas; Use of the Brownfield sites for business purposes.
- Tax reform commission to report by year end. Yurcan, Bryan F. // Westchester County Business Journal;2/4/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p2
The article provides information on the study to be conducted by the commission formed by Governor Eliot Spitzer concerning the root causes of high property taxes in Westchester, New York. The commission will be chaired by Nassau County executive Thomas R. Souzzi, who campaigned against Spitzer...
- Suozzi, citing biz agenda, to declare Saturday. Markus, Stuart // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);
Reports that Thomas Souzzi, Mayor of Glen Cove in Long Island, New York will formally announce his candidacy for Nassau County Executive on January 13, 2001. Major opponents; Political platforms; Experience and achievements in politics.
- In Nassau exec race, way too many Toms. Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);
Focuses on the candidacy of Democratic Party members, Tom DiNapoli and Tom Souzzi, in the Nassau County Executive election in Nassau County, New York. Impact of having two Democrats running against each other on the party; Need for the party's leadership to determine which one should be given...