NBA Makes It Official: Hornets Can Move From Charlotte to New Orleans
- Hornets. DeLong, John // Sporting News;12/15/97, Vol. 221 Issue 50, p60
Presents developments related to the National Basketball Association's (NBA) Charlotte Hornets for the week ending December 15, 1997. Lack of playing time for guard B.J. Armstrong; Anthony Mason's hiring of Ernie Hobbie to help him improve his free throw shooting; Reserve J.R. Reid's impressive...
- Hornets. DeLong, John // Sporting News;01/05/98, Vol. 222 Issue 1, p44
Focuses on developments related to the National Basketball Association's (NBA) Charlotte Hornets for the week ending January 5, 1998. Problems with rebounding; Lackluster performance of Anthony Mason and Vlade Divac; Inconsistency of Bobby Phills and David Wesley.
- Charlotte. Delong, John // Sporting News;02/26/2001, Vol. 225 Issue 9, p28
Provides updates on the National Basketball Association team Charlotte Hornets as of February 2001. Injury suffered by power forward Derrick Coleman; Shooting performance of center Elden Campbell; Number of home and road games left.
- Charlotte. Delong, John // Sporting News;04/30/2001, Vol. 255 Issue 18, p49
Provides updates on the Charlotte Hornets of the National Basketball Association as of April 2001. Contribution of small forward Jamal Mashburn; Need to settle the power forward Derrick Coleman situation; Effect of longer playing time on point guard David Wesley.
- That buzzing sound. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);1/21/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 31, p26
Editorial. Comments on plans regarding the transfer of the Charlotte Hornets basketball team to New Orleans, Louisiana. Ramifications of the city's return into the National Basketball Association (NBA); Performance of the New Orleans Jazz team before it moved to Utah to become the Utah Jazz;...
- MetroVision scores with Hornets coup. O'Connor, Terry // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/6/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p25
Focuses on the role of the city's business toward the management of Charlotte Hornets team in the National Basketball Association in the U.S. Display of networking skills and marketing strategy in the team; Controversy on the legality of the ownership of the Hornets team; Cooperation of the...
- 84 million reasons for Charlotte's demise. Powell, Shaun // Sporting News;7/22/96, Vol. 220 Issue 30, p43
Presents developments in the National Basketball Association (NBA) for the week ending July 22, 1996. Charlotte Hornets' release of forward Larry Johnson; Notable players on the free agency market; New Jersey Nets' possible release of Armon Gilliam.
- The coach. Callahan, Gerry // Sports Illustrated;05/04/98, Vol. 88 Issue 18, p32
Focuses on Dave Cowens, former star basketball player in the National Basketball Association and coach of the Charlotte Hornets basketball team in 1998. How his team has performed in the 1998 playoffs, as of May 4; His career as a player; His relationship with the players on his team; His focus...
- Charlotte Hornets. Delong, John // Sporting News;06/15/98, Vol. 222 Issue 24, p22
Presents an update on the Charlotte Hornets of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Plans of Vlade Divac, who becomes a free agent on July 1, 1998.