Report: N.J. Governor, YankeeNets Agree on Newark Arena
- The Arena Wheezes On. // njbiz;3/24/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p4
Reports on the negotiation for a sports arena between Newark and YankeeNets in New Jersey. Amount raised by Newark for the arena; Plans of YankeeNets to include a downtown development in the deal; Terms of the deal.
- N.J. Governor Unveils Plan For Arena. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;5/9/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31383, p1
Reports the unveiling of the plans to build a downtown sports arena by New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey in Newark, New Jersey. Agreement between YankeeNets LLC and the governor; Criticisms on the issues relating to the building of the arena from the taxpayers; Allocation of budget.
- This Deal Is Hardly A Slam Dunk. Ruth, Joao-Pierre S. // njbiz;6/17/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the delay in the implementation of the deal between New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevey and the YankeeNets over the construction of a sports arena in Newark, New Jersey. Cost of the project; Result of a poll released by the Fairleigh Dickinson University regarding the issue;...
- N.J. Legislators Criticize Newark Arena Financing Plan. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;02/01/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31068, p40
Reports on the ambivalence and hostility expressed by some New Jersey legislators to the agreement between former New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman and the YankeeNets for a multimillion-dollar public funding for a Newark arena. Mechanics of the financing plan proposed by Whitman which...
- Public Hearing Puts YankeeNets on Track With Newark Arena. Mercurio, Stephanie // Bond Buyer;04/06/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30865, p3
Focuses on New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority's efforts to keep two professional sports teams at the Meadowlands Sports complex in East Rutherford, New Jersey. Holding company YankeeNets' plan to build a new arena in Newark, New Jersey for the New Jersey Nets basketball team and the New...
- McGreevey on a Mission. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/27/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31333, p1
Focuses on the activities of New Jersey governor James E. McGreevy. Budget gap of the state; Nomination of chief of the state's Sports & Exposition Authority by the governor; Operating subsidy received by the authority in 2002.
- News In Brief: McGreevey Sworn N.J. Governor. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;1/16/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31305, p2
Reports that James E. McGreevey was sworn in as New Jersey's 51st governor in Trenton, New Jersey. Percentage number of votes in McGreevey's favor; Issues addressed by McGreevey in his inaugural speech.
- NEW JERSEY: Budget Plug. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31322, p35
Focuses on the move made by James E. McGreevey, governor of New Jersey to plug budget deficits as of February 11, 2002. State funds from where money will be used to finance the deficits.
- N.J. Governor Signs Bill Requiring Black History In All Schools. // Jet;9/23/2002, Vol. 102 Issue 14, p6
Focuses on legislation signed by New Jersey Governor James E. McGreevy which is aimed at incorporating Afro-American history into the traditional curriculum of New Jersey's schools.