NEWS IN BRIEF
- Pa. Sets $2.6B for Fed Debt. BURTON0, PAUL // Bond Buyer;10/1/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33786, p1
The article reports that the Pennsylvania government has announced 2.6 billion U.S. dollars sale of unemployment compensation revenue bonds. It mentions that States with debt due to the federal unemployment trust fund have turned to the bond market. According to the Pennsylvania Department of...
- Michigan Eyes $4 Billion of Bonds To Pay Off Insurance for Jobless. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;2/8/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33463, p3
The article reports on the plan of Michigan to issue 4 billion dollars in tax-exempt bonds to pay off its 3.7 billion dollar obligation to the federal government for unemployment insurance.
- From the TM3 wire. Louis, Brian; Gallo, Pete // Bond Buyer;11/07/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30269, p2
Provides several bond issues in New York and Washington. Bonds sold by Westchester County to investors; Spending increase expected to boost by West Virginia commission; Increase in initial claims of unemployment insurance in Washington.
- Bond auction, jobless gain boost prices. Peterson, Dean // Bond Buyer;11/07/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30269, p2
Reports increase on treasury prices after favorable bond auction and a government report showing higher jobless claims in October 1997. Figures on bond increase; Increase on the initial claims for unemployment insurance benefits according to the Labor Department.
- Activists want to do to lease debt what they did to taxes. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p14A
Focuses on activists' attack on California's use of lease-backed bonds. Plan to sponsor initiatives in San Diego and statewide to force voter approval of all forms of state and local debt; Lease revenue bonds in California; Rise of lease debt.
- Oklahoma Reduces Its Debt Amid Spate of Refundings. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/23/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31558, p36
Discusses tax-supported debt and refunding bonds issued by the state of Oklahoma to take advantage of interest rates in the U.S. Inclusions in the tax-supported debt; Billion dollar increase in revenue bond issuance in the state; Significance of paying off tax-supported debt.
- Denver Aquarium Bondholders Weigh City Takeover. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/6/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31319, p4
Reports on the effect of proposal of Denver, Colorado city to takeover Colorado Educational and Cultural Facilities authority on the investors who hold defaulted revenue bonds sold by the facility in 1997 to finance the Ocean Journey aquarium. Proposal of the city for bondholders regarding...
- Bond Contracts Stand at Center of Detroit Airport Dispute. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/11/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31468, p36
Reports the debate on bond contracts and disclosure of the outstanding airport debt by top bond attorneys in Michigan. Vulnerability of the county for liabilities of outstanding debt; Impairment of the contract between the county and the bondholders; Failure of the attorneys and financial...
- Mecklenburg County, N.C., See-Saws Between GO Plans. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/25/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31520, p1
Discusses the difference between issuance of general obligation bonds in January 2002 and 2003 in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina. Utilization of proceeds of the bond plan in civil work; Number of authorized and unissued debt from referendum for the year 1999, 2000 and 2002.