Rome Rises Off Malibu
- After Two-Year Investigation, Getty Trust Stays Tax-Exempt. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;8/24/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32203, p5
Reports that the J. Paul Getty Trust has retained its tax-exempt status in the U.S. Tax-exempt bonds issued by the California Infrastructure and Economic Development Bank for the nonprofit trust included in the investigation of the Internal Revenue Service; Need of the trust to improve its...
- Getty Trust Goes Taxable With $250M Revenue Bond Sale. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31733, p42
Reports on the trading of not-for-profit revenue bonds by J. Paul Getty Trust in California. Increase of liquidity resulting from deploying an asset allocation model; Payment of outstanding commercial paper; Facilitation of art purchases for the J. Paul Getty museums.
- Getty endowment shrinks, slightly. Rosenbaum, Lee // Art in America;Sep95, Vol. 83 Issue 9, p29
Reports the release of annual report of J. Paul Getty Trust for the fiscal years 1993 and 1994. Details of the report; Comments of Susan Fox, controller of the Getty Trust; Views of the author.
- Greek bronze will stay in the Getty Villa. Lufkin, Martha // Art Newspaper;Apr2010, Vol. 18 Issue 212, p18
The article reports on the appeal filed by the Los Angeles, California-based J. Paul Getty Trust in April 2010 against a decision by Italian appeals court judge, Lorena Mussoni, that the 2,500-year-old bronze statue of the Fano Athlete, a key antiquity in the museum's collection, is Italian...
- Wilson seeks $50 million for development bank. Acello, Richard // San Diego Business Journal;01/19/98, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p12
Looks at Governor in San Diego, California, Pete Wilson, seeking $50 million to fund the California Infrastructure and Economic Development Bank, for the 1998-99 state budget. Details on Nicholas-Applegate's International Core Growth Fund; Indepth look at the fund for the development bank.
- Initiative to address digital imaging issues. // T H E Journal;Dec94, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p20
Reports that the Getty Art History Information Program of the J. Paul Getty Trust in Santa Monica, California has an international initiative to address issues related to the use of digital images in the arts and humanities. Model for the licensing of images; Contact information.
- Getty Grants. // Mimar;Sep90, Issue 36, p9
This article offers information regarding the project to conserve the adobe building of the Pueblo of Taos, New Mexico. It discusses that the project is one of the recipients of grants totaling $1.4 million from the J. Paul Getty Trust. Since January 1989, twenty-three architectural conservation...
- Getty expects to borrow more than $200 million for villa renovations. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;12/1/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30778, p3
Reports on the plan of the J. Paul Getty Trust to issue bonds to pay for major renovations to its villa near Malibu, California. Details of the plan for the Getty Center; Characteristics of the villa's buildings and grounds.
- The Tomb of Tutankhamum Conservation Project. // Ancient Egypt Magazine;Feb/Mar2010, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p10
The article offers information on the partnership of Egyptian Supreme Council of Antiquities (SCA) and J. Paul Getty Trust for the conservation and management of the Tomb of Tutankhamun.