- PHILOSOPHER'S NOTEBOOK. // America;2/8/1964, Vol. 110 Issue 6, p191
The article focuses on the dimension of time. According to it, time is made up of a vertical axis which cuts right through the present moment and its relative significance in the overall march of events. The author says that as God called man to build a world, a vocation whose import he has...
- Stuck on the Road to Emmaus. Buchanan, Mark // Christianity Today;07/12/99, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p55
Discusses the issue of self-fulfillment in the Christian faith. Questions asked by most Christians stuck in their own journey in life; Analysis of the encounter of two disciples of Jesus on their way to the village of Emmaus; Description of personal encounters with the risen Christ.
- Happiness, the Self Human Flourishing. Haybron, Daniel M. // Utilitas;Mar2008, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p21
The article examines the value of happiness. It indicates that the value of happiness is not easily adapted in a subjectivist approach, instead, it requires a eudaimonistic conception of well-being. It cites the idea of self-fulfillment which is viewed as a specific form of nature-fulfillment....
- Learn a lesson from Jet Li -- unleash your potential. Zamora, Ren� // Wenatchee Business Journal;Jun2005, Vol. 19 Issue 6, pC7
Offers advice on maximizing one's potentials. Manner of unleashing possibilities that were once thought to be impossible; Fostering mental and emotional growth; Ways of achieving self-fulfillment.
- STANDI NG HUMBLY BEFORE NATURE. Gerber, Lisa // Ethics & the Environment;Spring2002, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p39
Discusses the concept of humility in several aspects with regard to humans relating to nature. Significance of humility; Connection between humility and awe; Relation between humility and self-realization.
- Reyer Redux. Reyer, Neil // Food Management;Sep2005, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p28
Focuses on the reasons for retirement form the work, as given by the author. Emphasis on the self-realization; View that people realize that their personal sense of identity was intimately associated with their business card, which they no longer have; Conclusion that it's probably best to think...
- "Who Am I?" A Strategy for Self-Realization. // Hinduism Today;Apr-Jun2008, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p52
The article discusses the strategy for self-realization. The popular approach to meditation of Ramana Maharishi, the renowned sage of Arunachala, which epitomizes the path of discovery propounded in the Advaita Vedanta teachings is presented. He defined all efforts to distilled his teachings...
- Planning is critical to a fulfilled retirement. Divita, Sal // Marketing News;02/03/97, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p10
The article reports on the importance of planning to a fulfilled retirement. Planning must the implemented in advance of retirement when it is more likely that rational discussion can take place. It should generate a new set of goals and generate a new set of goals and ambitions for both spouses...
- AMERICA AND THE AMERICANS. Steinbeck, John // Saturday Evening Post;7/2/1966, Vol. 239 Issue 14, p32
Explores the declining morals among people in the U.S. Factors contributing to the destruction of a nation; Reasons behind the possibility of moral collapse in the U.S.; Role of self-satisfaction in the declining morals.