The Effects of Spinal Cord Injury Induced by Shortening on Motor Evoked Potentials and Spinal Cord Blood Flow: An Experimental Study in Swine
- A laser Doppler flowmeter using variable coherence to effect depth discrimination. Dougherty, G. // Review of Scientific Instruments;May92, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p3220
A novel means of investigating blood flow at different depths within the skin is described. By varying the coherence length of the diode laser source, the depth of the sampling volume over which Doppler signals are received could be controlled in a simple model system. The instrument has a...
- Blood flow in the skin of the foot related to posture in diabetes mellitus. Rayman, G.; Hassan, A.; Tooke, J.E. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);1/11/1986, Vol. 292 Issue 6513, p87
Investigates the measurement of blood flow in the feet of diabetic patients by using Doppler flowmeter in Great Britain. Effect of skin temperature on blood flow during dependency; Accountability for oedema in patients with neuropathy; Characteristics of the laser Doppler flowmeter technique.
- Early Effects of Combretastatin-A4 Disodium Phosphate on Tumor Perfusion and Interstitial Fluid Pressure. Ley, Carsten D.; Horsman, Michael R.; Kristjansen, Paul E. // Neoplasia;Feb2007, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p108
Combretastatin-A4 disodium phosphate (CA4DP) is a vascular-disruptive agent that causes an abrupt decrease in tumor blood flow. The direct actions of CA4DP include increases in vascular permeability and destabilization of the endothelial cytoskeleton, which are thought to contribute to occlusion...
- Measurement of the skin microcirculation through intact bandages using laser Doppler flowmetry. Melhuish, J. M.; Krishnamoorthy, L.; Bethaves, T.; Clark, M.; Williams, R. J.; Harding, K. G. // Medical & Biological Engineering & Computing;Mar2004, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p259
The microcirculation under compression bandages has been assessed by numerous methods; however, the measurement techniques can disrupt the bandage-skin interface, affecting the measurement. In this study, a non-invasive method for measuring cutaneous blood flow using laser Doppler flowmetry...
- Dynamics of organ blood flow in rats in postnatal ontogenesis. B. Belichenko; T. Grigorieva; U. Shyyrapai; R. Aizman; K. Shoshenko // Journal of Evolutionary Biochemistry & Physiology;Apr2009, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p246
AbstractÂ Â In the 4-, 13-, 30-, and 65â€“90-day old anestetized Wistar rats (8â€“15 rats in each group) the voluminous blood flow rate was measured in liver, kidney, small intestine wall, and in the predominantly white gracilis muscle of femur. A LAKK-01 laser-Doppler flowmeter...
- Dynamic oscillatory circuit of regulation of capillary hemodynamics. A. Krupatkin // Human Physiology;Sep2007, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p595
AbstractÂ Â We used laser Doppler flowmetry with wavelet analysis of blood flow oscillations, computer capillaroscopy, and thermometry of the nail bed in 30 subjects to show an important role of the oscillatory circuit in the regulation of capillary hemodynamics, number of functioning...
- Imaging: Mapping blood flow. Rachel Won // Nature Photonics;Jul2011, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p393
The article presents information on a scanning laser Doppler imaging system developed by Marcel Leutenegger and colleagues in Switzerland, that can be used to measure large-area blood flow in a living organism.
- Impaired Skin Microvascular Reactivity in Painful Diabetic Neuropathy. Quattrini, Cristian; Harris, Nigel D.; Malik, Rayaz A.; Tesfaye, Solomon // Diabetes Care;Mar2007, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p655
OBJECTIVE -- The pathogenesis of painful diabetic neuropathy (PDN) is not clear. Following our in vivo observations of increased sural nerve epineurial blood flow in patients with PDN, we investigated the cutaneous microcirculation of the foot by laser Doppler flowmetry to determine if the...
- The wavelet transform is a useful tool for the assessment of the lower limb microcirculation. Silva, H.; Ferreira, H.; Bujan, M. J.; Monteiro Rodrigues, L. // Proceedings of the Physiological Society;2014, p311P
An abstract of the article "The wavelet transform is a useful tool for the assessment of the lower limb microcirculation" by H. Silva, H. Ferreira, M. J. Bujan and L. Monteiro Rodrigues is presented.