A Prospective Randomized Controlled Trial Comparing Occupational Therapy with Independent Exercises After Volar Plate Fixation of a Fracture of the Distal Part of the Radius
- Dynamic Compared with Static External Fixation of Unstable Fractures of the Distal Part of the Radius: A Prospective, Randomized Multicenter Study. Hove, Leiv M.; Krukhaug, Yngvar; Revheim, Kåre; Helland, Per; Finsen, Vilh // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Jul2010, Vol. 92-A Issue 8, p1687
Background: External fixation is an established method of treating certain types of distal radial fractures. We have designed a dynamic external fixator to treat these fractures. The purpose `of the present study was to compare this device with current static bridging external fixators in terms...
- Clavicle Fractures: Pins, Plates, and Drilling Down. Groh, Gordon I. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;4/15/2015, Vol. 97 Issue 8, pe38.1
A review of the article "Single, Superiorly Placed Reconstruction Plate Compared with Flexible Intramedullary Nailing for Midshaft Clavicular Fractures. A Prospective, Randomized Controlled Trial" by Fernando Brandao Andrade-Silva is presented.
- Comparison of Primary Hip Spica with Crossed Retrograde Intramedullary Rush Pins for the Management of Diaphyseal Femur Fractures in Children: A Prospective, Randomized Study. Ruhullah, Mohammad; Shah, Sanjay; Singh, Hare Ram; Shrestha, Dipak // Macedonian Journal of Medical Sciences;Dec2013, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p350
Introduction: Femoral fractures are common in children between 2 and 12 years of age, and 75% of the lesions affect the femoral shaft. We compared primary hip spica with closed reduction and fixation with retrogradely crossed Rush pins for diaphyseal femur fracture in 25 children of age group 3...
- Management of calcaneal fractures: systematic review of randomized trials. Gougoulias, Nikolaos; Khanna, Anil; McBride, Donald J.; Maffulli, Nicola // British Medical Bulletin;Dec2009, Vol. 92 Issue 1, p153
Introduction: The optimal management of calcaneal fractures is controversial, as correlation between anatomical restoration and outcome has not been proven, and complications after surgery are frequent.
- Comparison of the results and complications of palmar and dorsal miniinvasive approaches in the surgery of scaphoid fractures. A prospective randomized study. Drac, Pavel; Cizmar, Igor; Manak, Pavel; Hrbek, Jan; Reska, Michal; Filkuka, Pavel; Zapletalova, Jana // Biomedical Papers of the Medical Faculty of Palacky University i;Jun2014, Vol. 158 Issue 2, p277
Aims. To compare the functional results and complications associated with palmar percutaneous and dorsal limited approaches in the surgical treatment of nondisplaced or minimally displaced scaphoid fractures type B2. Methods. A total of 76 patients with acute nondisplaced or minimally displaced...
- Reply from the authors. Moppett, I. K. // BJA: The British Journal of Anaesthesia;Jan2012, Vol. 108 Issue 1, p164
No abstract available.
- Unaufgebohrte Marknagelung. // Der OrthopÃ¤de;Feb2010, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p182
Reaming and non-reaming of intramedullarynails in long bone fractures was a controversial and even emotional topic in recent de-cades. This article gives an historical overview of the development in this field and presents the background to the need for unreamed nailing. Furthermore, the current...
- Feasibility and fidelity of practising surgical fixation on a virtual ulna bone. LeBlanc, Justin; Hutchison, Carol; Hu, Yaoping; Donnon, Tyrone // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Aug2013, Vol. 56 Issue 4, pE91
Background: Surgical simulators provide a safe environment to learn and practise psychomotor skills. A goal for these simulators is to achieve high levels of fidelity. The purpose of this study was to develop a reliable surgical simulator fidelity questionnaire and to assess whether a newly...
- The effectiveness and safety of vertebroplasty for osteoporotic vertebral compression fractures. A double blind, prospective, randomized, controlled study. Longo, Umile Giuseppe; Loppini, Mattia; Denaro, Luca; Brandi, Maria Luisa; Maffulli, Nicola; Denaro, Vincenzo // Clinical Cases in Mineral & Bone Metabolism;2010, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p109
Background: Vertebral compression fractures (VCFs) constitute a major health care problem in western countries. Several treatments modalities are available to relieve pain and allow increased activities. Percutaneous vertebroplasty (the injection of bone cement into the fractured vertebral body)...