Report: Border Patrol Abuses on the Rise
- Bibliography. // Patrolling Chaos: The U.S. Border Patrol in Deep South Texas;2004, p339
A list of books related to U.S. border patrol agents is presented including "American Ethnicity: The Dynamics and Consequences of Discrimination," 3rd ed., by Adalberto Aguirre, Jr. and Jonathan H. Turner, "Boss Rule in South Texas," by Evan Anders and "Border Games: Policing the U.S.-Mexico...
- Feds Prosecuted U.S. Border Agent for Mexico. // New American (08856540);5/9/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p7
The article reports on the alleged improper prosecution of the administration of U.S. President Barrack Obama to U.S. Border Patrol agent Jesus Diaz Jr., who was charged of mistreating a then 16-year-old illegal-immigrant drug smuggler and five counts of lying to Internal Affairs investigators.
- Mohawk Protest Could Lead to Permanent Closure of Border Crossing. // American Indian Report;Jun2009, p6
The article focuses on the looming permanent closure of the Seaway International Bridge unless Akwesasne Mohawk Indians agree with the Canadian government's decision to arm border guards at the crossing.
- CURSES, FOILED AGAIN. // Syracuse New Times;1/9/2013, Issue 2176, p10
The article offers information on two criminal incidents including an arrest is made in a case of theft of a teleprompter of the U.S. President Barack Obama and arrest of drug smugglers by border patrol agents in California.
- Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan Heighten Tensions in Violent Local Border Dispute. Rotar, Igor // Eurasia Daily Monitor;1/30/2013, Vol. 10 Issue 17, p6
The article reports on the heightened tension between Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan. It states that violence erupted in the Uzbekistani territory of Sokh in Kyrgyzstan after residents attacked the border guards. It cites that 1, 000 Sokh residents were injured after border guards fired shots into...
- Elite Border Patrol team trained to flush out border bandits. Clark, Jonathan // Inside Tucson Business;12/24/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p6
The article reports that the elite SWAT-type unit of Border Patrol team was trained to catch border bandits in the U.S.-Mexico border. This initiative is attributed to the incident when its agent Brian A. Terry was shot during a confrontation with the bandits near Peck Canyon on December 14,...
- Militarization along US-Mexico Border Endangers All. Rios, Pedro // La Prensa San Diego;10/19/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 42, p6
The article discusses increase in shooting incidents and abusive actions of border patrol agents in the U.S.-Mexico border regions that pose threat to common people of the area.
- Mexico to Equip Illegals with GPS. // GPS World;Feb2007, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p60
The article reports on the plan of the Mexican government to issue 200,000 Global Positioning System tracking devices in 2006 to track illegal immigrants who plan to cross the border to reach U.S. One of its schools is tasked to develop the locators which will be freely given to the migrants...
- ARIZONA. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Apr2007, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p18
The article reports on the actions taken by legislators in Arizona to curb illegal immigration. Representatives have authorized the governor to deploy the Arizona National Guard to immigration borders, setting aside $10 million to pay for it. Legislators also toughened trespassing laws to crack...