- An unusual case of respiratory arrest. Chew, V.; Azam, J.; Shah, S. // Thorax;Nov2015, Vol. 70 Issue 11, p1098
The article presents a case study of a 38-year-old woman who was on a salbutamol inhaler had a history of achalasia and subsequently referred for a myotomy.
- A 26-year-old woman with respiratory decompensation in the immediate postpartum period at Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York City. Bunker, Daniel R.; Meinhof, Klaus T.; Hiensch, Robert J.; Ghaw, Olivia; Becker, Christian D. // Thorax;Nov2015, Vol. 70 Issue 11, p1095
The article presents a case study of a 26-year-old woman with sudden development of onset hypoxaemic respiratory failure immediate post partum. Author states that in peripartum period there are many causes for respiratory insufficiency including amniotic fluid embolism, peripartum...
- Obstetric emergencies: Respiratory distress. ABDEL-RAZEQ, SONYA S. // Contemporary OB/GYN;Nov2011, Vol. 56 Issue 11, p28
Acute respiratory distress is uncommon, but its consequences can be dire. Understanding the causes, anatomic influences, and management of acute respiratory distress are essential for increasing the likelihood of mother and fetus surviving.
- Reader Questions. // Pulmonology Coding Alert;Oct2011, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p70
The article presents questions and answers related to medical coding which include how to code a patient admitted to the hospital because of acute respiratory failure and suffering from myasthenia gravis and acute exacerbation, coding clinic, and billing of the code 94016 and 94060.
- On Dokuz YaÅŸÄ±nda Trakeomegali ve Bilateral PnÃ¶motoraks Olgusu: Mounier-Kuhn Sendromu. AYDEMİR, Yusuf // Turkiye Klinikleri Archives of Lung;2014, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p42
No abstract available.
- THE DRISCOLL-RAINBOW MANEUVER: A NEW AIRWAY CLEARANCE TECHNIQUE IN MECHANICALLY VENTILATED PATIENTS WITH UNILATERAL DISEASE. // Respiratory Care;Oct2014, Vol. 59 Issue 10, pOF18
An abstract of the article "The Driscoll-Rainbow Maneuver: A New Airway Clearance Technique in Mechanically Ventilated Patients With Unilateral Disease" by John K. Maher, Sara Gorman, Julie Bodie, John T. Gallagher, Richard H. Speicher, and Alexandre T. Rotta is presented.
- Overlap sendromlu olguda ekstÃ¼basyon sonrasÄ± solunum yetmezliÄŸinde noninvaziv ventilasyon uygulamasÄ±. Tunç, Mehtap; Ulus, Fatma; Şipit, Tuğrul; Şavkılıoğlu, Eser // Genel Tip Dergisi;2011, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p75
Objective: OSAS is characterized by repetitive episodes of airflow cessation due to upper airway collapse during sleep. The combination of COPD and OSAS has been named "Overlap syndrome (OS)". OS with patients have a markedly increased risk of impairing daytime gas exchange and respiratory...
- The Effect Of Varying Inspiratory Flow Waveforms On Alveolar Peak Airway Pressure And Intrinsic Positive End Expiratory Pressure In Mechanically Ventilated Patients. Barrera, Rafael; Gabovich, Natalie; Sogoloff, Helen; Groeger, Jeffrey; Miodownik, Saul // Internet Journal of Pulmonary Medicine;2005, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p4
Purpose: To prospectively evaluate peak airway pressure (PaW) intrinsic PEEP (PEEPi), extrinsic PEEP (PEEPe) and peak expiratory flow rate (PEFR) with changing inspiratory flow waveforms during mechanical ventilation in patients. Material And Methods: Ten critically ill mechanically ventilated...
- Solunum FonksiyonlarÄ±nÄ± Ä°leri Derecede Bozan GÃ¶ÄŸÃ¼s DuvarÄ± Deformitesi. CANDAŞ, Fatih; YILDIZHAN, Akın; GÖRÜR, Rauf // Turkiye Klinikleri Archives of Lung;2014, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p83
No abstract available.