Google forfeits online pharmacy revenues
- Google forfeits $500 million for illegal drug ad practices. Folino, Lauren // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Oct2011, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p31
The article reports on the settlement which requires Google Inc. to pay 500 million dollars to the United States following an investigation by the Department of Justice revealing the involvement of its advertising arm, Google AdWords, in illegal sales of prescription drugs by Canadian pharmacies.
- How to Fight Civil Forfeiture. Bullock, Scott G. // Hit & Run;11/1/2014, p58
The article presents ways on how citizens can fight civil forfeiture.
- Forfeiting Our Rights. Kalet, Hank // Progressive Populist;2/15/2015, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p18
The article discusses the negative impact of state forfeiture laws being implemented in the U.S., and mentions topics that include the article "Stop and Seize" published in the "Washington Post" in September 2014, law enforcement abuse, and restrictions imposed on the federal forfeiture law.
- Outrageous government assaults still going on. Hale, Duff // Ellis County Press;10/16/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p3
The article reports on the government assaults under the civil forfeiture laws of the U.S. and mentions an incident where money was paid by Dallas County, Texas District Attorney Craig Watkins from an asset forfeiture account for settling an at-fault traffic accident.
- Civil asset forfeiture laws need to be restricted. Salzman, Larry // Hill;4/23/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 49, p18
The article informs on a report presented by the Institute for Justice, according to which the civil forfeiture law in the U.S. should be more strict to avoid the harassment of innocent property owners, by the law enforcement officers.
- USDA buys sugar to ease forfeitures. // Michigan Farmer (0026-2153);Aug2013, Vol. 317 Issue 8, p70
The article reports on the announcement of the Commodity Credit Corp. (CCC) regarding the results of the actions taken to from June 17 to 25, 2013 to reduce the sugar loan forfeitures and the costs of the CCC Sugar Loan Program in the U.S.
- FCC News. // QST;May2011, Vol. 95 Issue 5, p74
The article reports that Ira Jones of Merced, California has received a 7000 U.S. dollar forfeiture order for refusing a U.S. Federal Communications Commisison Inspection.
- Confiscating Your Property. Stossel, John // Freeman: Ideas on Liberty;Sep2010, p39
The article discusses the civil forfeiture law in the U.S. It states that under the civil forfeiture law, the government can take ones property, including homes, cars, and cash, regardless of whether or not one is convicted of a crime. According to the lawyer from the Institute for Justice Scott...
- Justice Department Moves to Dismiss Forfeiture Action After Releasing More than $115 Million in Alleged Corruption Proceeds to NGOs in Kazakhstan. Zagaris, Bruce // International Enforcement Law Reporter;Dec2015, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p495
The article reports on the December 2015 decision of the U.S. Department of Justice to dismiss forfeiture action against more than 115 million U.S. dollars that are alleged to be proceeds of foreign official corruption to non-government organization in Kazakhstan.