Vaccine safety review
- An update on vaccine safety. Zimmerman, Richard K.; Kimmel, Sanford R. // American Family Physician;7/1/1996, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p185
Reviews reports from the Institute of Medicine (IOM) about vaccine adverse events. Communication with parents about the benefits and risks for vaccines; Vaccine fact sheets; Vaccine liability; Framework for the discussion of vaccine safety with patients.
- Vaccine Safety: No Link Between Thimerosal and Autism. Hayney, Mary S. // Journal of the American Pharmacists Association: JAPhA;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p725
States that there is no causal relationship between thimerosal exposure from immunization and autism based on a study by the Institute of Medicine (IOM) in the U.S. Efforts of the Food and Drug Administration to evaluate all drug products that contain mercury in addressing safety risks;...
- Few adverse events caused by vaccines, IOM says. // Reactions Weekly;9/3/2011, Issue 1367, p4
The article focuses on a report issued by the U.S. Institute of Medicine (IOM) regarding the adverse events associated with vaccines. IOM conducted a literature review for 12 vaccines that are routinely given to children under the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP), such as...
- IOM report says prevention is key to mental health care crisis. // Nation's Health;Mar94, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p11
Focuses on the Institute of Medicine's report `Reducing Risks for Mental Disorders: Frontiers for Preventive Intervention Research'. Call for the federal government to fund research on prevention interventions in the field of mental health; Recommendation for the pursuance of risk-reduction...
- Panel to release assessment of RN-staffing adequacy. Green, Jeffrey // AHA News;1/8/96, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p4
Reports that a committee from the Institute of Medicine will release its assessment and recommendations on the adequacy of registered-nurse staffing in hospitals and nursing homes. What caused the assessment. INSET: Enrollment changes in nursing schools..
- Sarnat mental health prize nominations open at IOM. // Nation's Health;Apr97, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p23
Dicusses that the Institute of Medicine (IOM) is accepting nominations for the international Rhoda and Bernard Sarnat Prize in mental health. Award and amount of money to be received by the winner; Who provide the award; Contact person for criteria and requirements.
- IOM report urges new measure to ensure safety of blood supply. // Nation's Health;Aug95, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p24
Highlights the report `HIV and the Blood Supply: An Analysis of Crisis Decisionmaking,' released in July 1995 from the Institute of Medicine (IOM) Committee to Study HIV Transmission Through Blood and Blood Products. Basis for the report; Problems identified; Recommendations; Contact information.
- Our health depends on global health. // Public Health Reports;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 112 Issue 5, p363
Presents the report published by the US Institute of Medicine titled `America's Vital Interest in Global Health.' Topics covered in the report.
- Institute of Medicine elects 55 new members. // JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute;12/18/96, Vol. 88 Issue 24, p1808
Lists the 55 elected members of the Institute of Medicine as of December 18, 1996.