A pack a day: Just what the doctor ordered?
- What's New in Nicotine & Tobacco Research? Hébert, Richard // Nicotine & Tobacco Research;Mar2008, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p399
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Melissa D. Blank and colleagues on a tablet made of compressed tobacco powder, and another by Steven S. Fu and colleagues on menthol cigarettes and smoking cessation.
- Plain packaging is 'missing link'. // Independent Nurse;2/16/2015, p9
No abstract available.
- Make a difference: Kick butts. Fay, Robert J. // Drug Topics;12/9/96, Vol. 140 Issue 23, p14
Opinion. Encourages pharmacists to get involved in smoking cessation campaigns in the United States. Number of Americans who have kicked the tobacco habit; Tips for pharmacies on how to reduce cigarette sales to minors; Compliance with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) ruling prohibiting sale...
- Walgreens evaluates cigarette sales. Angrisani, Carol // Supermarket News Expert Blog;2/ 5/2014, p11
The article reports on U.S. drug retailing chain Walgreens' plan to continue evaluate the choice of products their customers want . The retailer aims to educate its customers and provide smoking cessation products and alternatives that help reduce the demand for tobacco products. A partnership...
- Europeâ€™s governments must implement standardised tobacco packaging now. McKee, Martin; Daube, Mike // European Journal of Public Health;Aug2015, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p551
The authors reflect on the need for the governments of European Union (EU) countries to implement standardised tobacco packaging. Topics discussed include committed of the governments on Ireland, France, and Great Britain to implement standardised tobacco packaging, the arguments that...
- Going backwards: renormalising nicotine use. Auf, Rehab; Trepka, Mary Jo; Cano, Miguel Angel; De La Rosa, Mario; Selim, Marah; Bastida, Elena // BMJ: British Medical Journal;1/30/2016, Vol. 352 Issue 8042, p154
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article about the use of electronic cigarettes in smoking cessation in the September 19, 2015 issue.
- Where there's smoke... Fleming, Harris // Drug Topics;1/19/98, Vol. 142 Issue 2, p69
Reports that according to a survey done by the Pharmacy Partnership, local drugstores are more likely to carry tobacco advertising than they are to refer patients to smoking-cessation programs. Background on the Pharmacy Partnership coalition; Details on other findings of the study; Comments...
- Wash. R.Ph.s can now prescribe smoking-cessation products. Ukens, Carol // Drug Topics;4/21/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 8, p40
Reports on the authority of pharmacists to prescribe smoking cessation products in Washington. Role of the American Pharmacist Association in the project; Responsibility of pharmacists to assist smokers; Number of pharmacies participating in the project.
- Characteristics of current and recent former smokers associated with the use of new potential reduced-exposure tobacco products. Parascandola, Mark; Augustson, Erik; Rose, Allison // Nicotine & Tobacco Research;Dec2009, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p1431
Objectives:: To identify sociodemographic characteristics associated with having tried a potentialy reduced-exposure tobacco product (PREP) and to compare the smoking and quitting behaviors and attitudes of smokers who have tried a PREP product with non-PREP users.