- MORE FOODSERVICE MANPOWER: Act seeks fdsvc. worker relief. // FoodService Director;8/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p18
Focuses on the `Culinary Worker Relief Act' proposed by United States (U.S.) Senator Harry Reid which aims to reduce the shortage of chefs and culinary workers in the food service industry. Reason for the hesitation of foreign-trained chefs to work in the U.S.; Benefits of the bill to foreign...
- 2003 50 Best Hispanic Restaurants. Diaz, Katharine A. // Hispanic;Oct2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p28
Presents the 2003 50 Best Hispanic restaurants in the U.S. Sylvia's La Canasta Mexican Restaurant in Phoenix, Arizona; Mamita in Glendale, California; Cuba Cuba in Denver, Colorado.
- Catering to a Diverse Audience. // Tourist Attractions & Parks;Aug2009, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p80
The article reports on food services at zoos and aquarium in southwestern U.S. It is noted that some food operators at zoos and aquariums in the area have realized that despite the need for cultural foods for the Hispanic American population, offering different foods also meet needs of the...
- Latino Goes Mainstream. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;9/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p52
The article reports on business opportunities for food service operators presented by Latino cuisine. Many food service directors in the U.S. are incorporating this cuisine into their menu as Hispanic Americans are considered the biggest minority. Beef and chicken quesadilla as well as taco...
- MENU WATCH. // National Provisioner;Aug2000, Vol. 214 Issue 8, p100
Reports on the need in the United States for food products that ease the burden of labor in the kitchen. Link between U.S. economic growth and labor shortages for the food service operators; Ethnic cuisines which have turned mainstream; Failure to distinguish herbs and spices.
- Critical Shortage of Latino Doctors Reported. // Hispanic Times Magazine;May/Jun2000, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p48
Reports on findings by the University of California in Los Angeles on the shortage of Latino doctors across the United States. Percentage of Latino doctors in California; Resistance of Latin American immigrants to consult with non-Spanish-speaking doctors; Conditions in medically underserved...
- Aging work force creates new challenges for restaurant industry. Marshall-Mims // Nation's Restaurant News;07/26/99, Vol. 33 Issue 30, p82
Discusses the impending labor shortage in the United States' food service industry. Age range of the work force; Challenges of the industry from demographic trends.
- Mood: 9-of-10 are bullish; see f/s revs. rising. // FoodService Director;01/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p43
Focuses on the labor shortage facing the foodservice industry in the United States. Impact of labor issues on how operators manage their foodservice operations; Factors that contribute to the shortage; Measures taken to overcome some labor problems.
- Industry needs to polish own image in effort to hire brightest candidates. Doherty, James; Koteff, Ellen // Nation's Restaurant News;08/25/97, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p21
Editorial. Comments on the `Nation's Restaurant News' report which underscored difficulties in the labor market equation in the foodservice industry in the United States. Critical elements of the hiring equation; Type of market for the industry as far as employment is concerned; Challenges in...