- THE IN-BOX. // Prepared Foods;Feb2003, Vol. 172 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the appointments in the foodservices industry as of February 2003. Person who is selected by the Robertet Flavors Inc., Piscataway, New Jersey to be the director of corporate technology; Manager selected for ingredient marketing by Midwest Dairy Association, an affiliate of Dairy...
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;09/04/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 36, p45
Presents news briefs concerning food service in the United States as of September 4, 2000. Appointment of George Holm as executive vice president at U.S. Foodservice; Coca-Cola's among of Nick Bishop as vice president, consumer connections; Alliant Exchange Inc.s naming of Matthew Zimmerman as...
- Seven Deadly Hiring Mistakes. Lousig-Nont, Gregory // Restaurant Hospitality;Oct2000, Vol. 81 Issue 10, p46
Presents a list of common mistakes made by food service companies in hiring employees. Disadvantages in hiring employees based on job interview results; Errors in the use of intuition; Use of character references as a basis for employment.
- What's your candidate's food safety IQ? Kinnear, James // Food Management;Aug97, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p50
Focuses on the incorporation of food handling questions when interviewing potential employees for the food service industry. Importance of the applicant's knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation guidelines; Use of a structured interviewing process; Categories of interview questions.
- Virginia Tech adds personal touch to special events. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;12/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p78
Features Personal Touch Catering, a self-contained program formed at Virginia Tech University. Purpose of creating Personal Touch; Benefits gained by Virginia Tech from Personal Touch; Information on the operations of Personal Touch.
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;08/21/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 34, p128
Reports developments in the foodservice equipment and supplies industry in the United States. Appointment of David Roemer as the accounts manager of Georgio Foods; Receipt of Ernst & Young Maryland 2000 Entrepreneur of the Year Award by Stephen Phillips, chief executive officer of Phillips...
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/3/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 36, p20
Presents news brief on the restaurant business and food service sector in the U.S. as of September 2001. Grant that will be received by the School Food Service Foundation from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to help schools prevent food-borne illnesses; Completion of the...
- Letter perfect. Sullivan, Jim // Nation's Restaurant News;1/9/2012, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p11
No abstract available.
- In brief. // Food Management;Jan2001, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p78
Reports developments in the food service industry in the United States as of January 2001. Conference on Food Synergy by the Produce for Better Health Foundation and General Mills Co.; Appointment of John Zinck as director of national accounts at Chinet Co.; Launch of the Culinary Center of...