Making it Hot
- FOR 4,000-PLUS STUDENTS: Va. Tech intros halal, kosher. // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p14
Reports that Muslim and Jewish students at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg can eat within the laws of their religion with the introduction of halal and kosher foods. Types of foods to be offered daily; Details on the religious beliefs on kosher food.
- In Brief. // Food Management;Jan2012, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p12
The article offers news briefs related to food services in the U.S., including the LessMeat Monday meat reduction scheme launched by Middlebury College, the scheduled implementation by the All Eastern Maine Healthcare Systems hospital of its Guiding Stars nutrition rating system for food...
- Cascading enzymes transform cellulose into starch. Zhang, Percival // Emerging Food R&D Report;Jun2013, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p5
The article discusses the process which showed the potential of making food from any plant and lessening the need for growing crops on lands that need fertilizers, pesticides and extensive irrigation. It highlights the success of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University researchers in...
- Seniors Surf the Web: Enhancing Older Adults' Computer Skills through a Website Incorporating Nutrition, Health, and Aging Issues. Stadler, Kathleen M.; Teaster, Pamela B. // Journal of Nutrition Education & Behavior;Mar/Apr2002 Supplement 1, Vol. 34 Issue 2, pS67
Features Senior Surf the Web, a website developed by extension specialists at Virginia Tech University in Blacksburg, Virginia, which aims to teach adults how to use the Internet while learning nutrition and aging information. Project development; Organization of the site; Application.
- Virginia Tech's big Gamble. Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Oct99, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p50
Focuses on the renovation of a cafeteria at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia. Transformation of an all-you-can-eat style outlet into a marketplace-style eatery; Influences of Rich Melman's Foodlife in Chicago, Illinois; Three-pronged mission for the...
- $3.8 mil: Virginia Tech sets full-scale marche. // FoodService Director;08/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p5
Focuses on the preparations of Virginia Polytechnic Institute in Blackburg, Virginia, for what should be the first `large-scale' marche concept in the college sector, according to Rick Johnson, director of culinary services for the self-op. When Virginia Tech's concept is scheduled to open;...
- AN FSD NEWSTRACK REPORT: VIRGINIA TECH CHEF SERIES HELPS NUTRITIONAL EFFORTS. // FoodService Director;04/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p12
Reports on the efforts to introduce vegan and vegetarian entrees using seitan as the base ingredient at Virginia Polytechnic and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia. Web site launched by the university; Focus of the university's foodservice options; Features of the seitan meals.
- Rewards for Successful Sustainability. // FoodService Director;8/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p19
The article announces that the dining services program at Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University in Blacksburg, Virginia has received the 2014 Governor's Environmental Excellence Award.
- Dorm Food Rules! // Virginia Living;Jun2012 Best of Virginia Supplement, p95
The article offers information on several foods offered by the dining system at Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University (VT) including Cajun pork loin, spinach-tomato quinche, and steak.