More Operators than Ever Offer Grab-and-go
- TEN GREAT PREPARED-FOOD IDEAS. // Meat & Deli Retailer;Apr2007 Supplement, Vol. 6, p31
The article presents information on the top 10 prepared-foods in the U.S. The Stinson Beach, a gourmet sandwich from West Sacramento, California-based Raley's restaurant, costs $4.99. The Curried Couscous with Sundried Fruits worth $5.99 per pound is being offered at Ohio-based Heinen's Fine...
- Serving New Tastes. // Prepared Foods;Nov2007, Vol. 176 Issue 11, p69
The article reviews trends in the salad category of the prepared foods market as of November 2007. Consumer's growing interest in healthful food has allegedly encouraged restaurants to provide creative ways to fill those needs. Among the consumer favorites are seafood, Asian, Southwestern and...
- Brookshire's heightens Fresh in prepared foods. Webber, Liz // SN: Supermarket News;4/21/2014, Vol. 62 Issue 8, p54
The article reports on the prepared foods offered by the concept store Fresh by Brookshire including baked potatoes, "Fresh for 2" meal, and 2Go Sandwich and Taco Bar.
- Salad, prime sandwiches stem fast-food woes. Macarthur, Kate // Advertising Age;6/28/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 26, pS14
Discusses the contribution of salads and prime sandwiches in attracting consumers to traditional fast food restaurants in the U.S. Percentage of traffic increase in fast food chains during the year ended April 2004; Motivation of fast-food chains for including premium sandwiches on their menus;...
- supercool suppers for hot days. Eckhardt, Linda // Redbook;Aug2003, Vol. 201 Issue 2, p165
Presents salad and sandwich recipes.
- THE RECIPE FILE. // Country Living;Apr2001, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p138
Presents several recipes of sandwiches and salads. INSET: Everything But the Kitchen Sink, by Cynthia Nicholson.
- Centering In on Center of the Plate. Chapman, Mary // Prepared Foods;Nov2011, Vol. 180 Issue 11, p39
The article presents updates on the sandwich trends as of November 2011. Sandwiches suit the fickle demand of the 2011 consumer who favor food that is portable and convenient, but at the same time fresh and prepared exclusively only for him/her. Some breakfast sandwiches that are featured in...
- On the National Menu. Nessinger, Barbara T. // Prepared Foods;Oct2010, Vol. 179 Issue 10, p71
The article introduces several prepared foods including the Gelato Macaroon Sandwich from ChocolateBox CafÃ© and the Precious Petite, Orchid Sweet, and Sugar Babies watermelons.
- Flavors, Health Drive Sandwich Trends. // Prepared Foods;Sep2015, Vol. 184 Issue 9, p52
The article indicates that the sandwich is already featured prominently on restaurant menus across the U.S. restaurant sector. Topics discussed include sandwiches as more popular than other hand-held options such as burgers, hotdogs or pizza as well as flavors and health driving sandwich trends....