Figuring Out Foursquare
- Website takes a frequent flier. Stinson, Liz // Variety;6/7/2010, Vol. 419 Issue 4, p28
The article profiles Foursquare, a social network Internet web site, and its involvement with a number of media outlets including the television channels Bravo, MTV and VH1.
- DENNIS CROWLEY: MERIT BADGES. Bruno, Antony // Billboard;4/24/2010, Vol. 122 Issue 16, p25
The article describes merit badges used by the social networking site Foursquare.
- Countywide clothier embraces geo-positioning. Doran, Ryan // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/12/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 28, p2
The article reports on the acquisition talks between Foursquare and Yahoo and Facebook in New York City.
- IT'S HIP TO BE ON FOURSQUARE. BATES, ROB // JCK;May2011, Vol. 142 Issue 5, p207
The article offers information on Foursquare, a location-based online social networking company based in New York City. It states that Foursquare allows users to announce their presence at various venues, and do online shopping through mobile phones. It describes how jewelers are taking...
- Where you at? Shafer, Todd // Dealernews;Oct2010, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p46
The author reflects on the connection between social networking with location-aware social services which is intended for various business locations. He emphasizes the importance of location-based social service for dealers as a way to advertise stores, participates in various ecosystem programs...
- Radio and Location-Based Social Media. Careless, James // Radio World;12/1/2010, p32
The article focuses on the use of location-based social media which is the new form of real-time collaborative play of the Facebook generation and an exciting trend wherein radio can tap. It mentions that radio broadcast outlets can open new opportunities in attracting and engaging listeners and...
- Facebook Checks In On Foursquare. // Restaurant Hospitality;Jan2011, Vol. 95 Issue 1, p18
The article reports on the new customer service offer at the social media network Facebook of Facebook Inc. It notes that as Foursquare offers Foursquare Specials, Facebook Places also come up with Deals which provides businesses the opportunity to reward discounts and free merchandises to...
- Retailers Eye Shoppers Beyond Facebook, Twitter. Orgel, David // SN: Supermarket News;4/12/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 15, p10
The article presents the author's views on the use of social networking by retailers to promote their brand by referring to retailers Foursquare and Groupon Inc. He comments that the local marketing push of food retailers has been accelerated by the passion for localities of both Foursquare and...
- One minute with Dennis Crowley. Fleming, Nic // New Scientist;9/25/2010, Vol. 207 Issue 2779, p03
An interview with social networking application Foursquare chief executive officer Dennis Crowley is presented. When asked to explain Foursquare, he said the site allows people to list locations they visit via their cellphone and to share experiences by leaving tips for friends. He talks about...