Moving Away from Room Service
- Atlanta Hospital Introduces Healthy Dining Programs. // FoodService Director;10/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p8
The article announces that the 500-bed Piedmont Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia has introduced new retail programs that will help customers make healthy dining choices. A program called Lean Works includes breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack menu which ensures caloric intake of not more than 2,000...
- KIDS' HOSP. ADDS TO A LA MINUTE MENU. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the drop in food costs at Childrens' Hospital of Los Angeles in California since the implementation of room service. Percentage of decline in food costs; Advantages of room service system; Effect of the room service program on labor costs.
- St. Francis debuts 72-item 'room service' menu. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/22/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 30, p18A
Reports on the launch of a room service program by Saint Francis Hospital, the Heart Center in Roslyn, New York.
- SERVICE UP, WASTE AND COSTS DOWN: Hosp. redirects expenses with room svc. // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p5
Reports that Highline Community Hospital in Burien, Washington has redirected foodservice operational expenses by replacing traditional meal trays with room service. Functions of room service staff; Schedule of the room service.
- Hospital Power Players: UAB Hospital. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;10/26/2015, p3
The article focuses on the room service style model of UAB Hospital in Birmingham, Alabama for patient dining and the redesign of its North Pavilion food court.
- Room service goes high-tech. // FoodService Director;1/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p6
The article focuses on the technology used for the room service at Banner Estrella Medical Center in Phoenix, Arizona, allowing patients to see the menu on their in-room TV and provide instant feedback about their meals to the dietary department. Aspects of food service which the patients are...
- Patients take control. // FoodService Director;6/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the increase in customer satisfaction following the launch of room service program at Saint Francis Hospital in Roslyn, New York in April 2005. Advantages of the service; Measures taken by the foodservices team to implement the program; List of most requested dishes at the hospital.
- Middle East. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;2/8/2008, Issue 2803, p50
The article offers information related to the One&Only Royal Mirage, Arabian Court in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The rooms have balconies overlooking the vast pool and lounging areas, with enormous bathrooms, satellite television and modern entertainment centre. There are nine restaurants...
- Serving Smiles. Richter-Zeunik, Mary // FoodService Director;10/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p28
Discusses the implementation of a room service model at OSF St. Joseph Medical Center in Bloomington, Illinois. Features of the foodservice model; Details of the implementation program; Benefits of the room service for both patients and hospital employees.