The Goldies: Focusing on the Guest
- Excellent equity. // Diverse: Issues in Higher Education;1/3/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p5
The article announces that the Afro-American studies department at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst has received the American Historical Association's Equity Award.
- UMassOnline Takes USDLA lop Prize. // Distance Education Report;11/15/2005, Vol. 9 Issue 22, p3
This article reports that UMassOnline, the University of Massachusetts' online education division, in Amherst, Massachusetts received the "21st Century Best Practices Award for Distance Learning." This is the United States Distance Learning Association's highest honor. The prize was presented in...
- Buell wins Alpha Kappa Psi Award for best '75 JM ' practical' article. // Marketing News;7/16/76, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p8
The article reports that Victor P. Buell, associate professor of marketing of the University of Massachusetts, in Amherst, Massachusetts, has received the Alpha Kappa Psi Foundation Award for the best "practical" article in the "Journal of Marketing."
- COMPANY NOTEBOOK. // BusinessWest;10/11/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p86
The article offers news briefs related to business enterprises in Massachusetts. The University of Massachusetts at Amherst will offer a three-year degree plan for college students. Berkshire Hills Bancorp Inc. has opened a full-service branch and financial service center outside Massachusetts....
- SPEECH UPON RECEIVING THE MARXIAN ECONOMICS AWARD. Guoguang Liu // World Review of Political Economy;Sep2011, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p366
The article presents a speech by Guoguang Liu, special advisor to the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS) and former vice-president of CASS, delivered through video upon receiving the World Marxian Economics Award from the World Association for Political Economy (WAPE) held at the...
- THE JAMES E. LYNCH SCHOLARSHIP FUND. // Spectra;Oct1978, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p16
This section reports on the establishment of the James E. Lynch Scholarship Fund in the U.S. in 1978. The Department of Communication Studies at the University of Massachusetts announces the establishment of the scholarship fund. Lynch was Professor of Communication Studies at the University of...
- ACCEPTANCE SPEECH FOR WORLD MARXIAN ECONOMICS AWARD (I). Kotz, David M. // World Review of Political Economy;Winter2014, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p552
The article presents an acceptance speech by David M. Kotz, an economics professor at University of Massachusetts in Amherst and at the Shanghai University of Finance and Economics, delivered at the World Marxian Economics Award presentation in May 24, 2014. Topics of the speech include the...
- Edzwald Receives Prestigious A.P. Black Research Award. // Journal: American Water Works Association;Jun2004, Vol. 96 Issue 6, p140
Features James K. Edzwald, a professor of civil and environmental engineering at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst, who has been chosen to receive the 2004 A.P. Black Research Award. Information on the award; Contributions of Edzwald to the drinking water profession; Achievements.
- UMass business resources. // BusinessWest;Jun97 Resource Guide, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p46
Lists the business resources used by the University of Massachusetts in Amherst. Includes Biotechnology Program; Center for Economic Development; Center for Tourism Research and Management.