PPD Seeking $2.2B of Debt for Buyout
- Contract Services in 2012. Miller, Jim // BioPharm International;Jan2012, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p18
The author discusses aspects of the contract services industry in 2012. He emphasizes the buyout of contract research organization (CRO) Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc. (PPD) by Hellman & Friedman LLC and the Carlyle Group LLC. He also mentions that the PPD deal shows how the...
- Contract Services in 2012. Miller, Jim // Pharmaceutical Technology;Jan2012, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p68
The article focuses on the impact of private-equity buyouts of clinical contract research organization (CRO) to the private-equity investors. It highlights Pharmaceutical Product Development (PPD) Inc.' leveraged buyouts, private ownership, and management to attract investors. Furthermore, it...
- PPD shareholders approve merger valued at $3.9 billion. // Medical Device Daily;12/5/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 231, p3
The article discusses the vote of shareholders of Wilmington, North Carolina-based Pharmaceutical Product Development to approve its merger with Hellman & Friedman and The Carlyle Group.
- PPD's Singapore lab earns CAP accreditation. // Medical Device Daily;2/16/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 30, p7
The article reports that the global central laboratory operations of PPD in Singapore has achieved accreditation by the CAP Laboratory Accreditation Program.
- PPD opens offices in Philippines and India. // Medical Device Daily;2/25/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 37, p9
The article reports on the offices opened by PPD, a contract research firm, in Manila, Philippines and Bangalore, India.
- PPD Selling $700M in HY for LBO. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;11/14/2011, p9
The article reports on the selling of a total of 700 million U.S. dollars in junk bonds by the Wilmington, North Carolina-based drug research company Pharmaceutical Product Development to help in financing a buyout.
- Sex drug and rocky road ahead for research firm. Williams, C.C. // Business North Carolina;Nov99, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p20
Forecasts the financial indicators for Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc. Judgment of Wall Street; Effort by United States drug companies on research and development; Losses at its research division.
- PPD, Microsoft partner to improve REMS efficiency. // Medical Device Daily;7/28/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 145, p2
The article reports on an agreement between PPD and Microsoft regarding their implementation of a technology solution designed to improve efficiency in managing Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) programs required by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Lilly enters new development pact. // Indianapolis Business Journal;06/08/98, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p17
Reports that Eli Lilly and Co. has granted licenses of its compounds to Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc. for the development of drugs to treat sexual and bladder dysfunctions.