- S&P Assigns Alaska Negative Outlook. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;8/19/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34363, p1
Standard & Poor's put triple-A rated Alaska on negative outlook and warned that it might no longer warrant the highest rating if the state's lawmakers fail to fix its structural budget imbalance.
- Are Underrated Bonds Underpriced? Biased Ratings and Corporate Bond Pricing. Venkiteshwaran, Vinod // Banking & Finance Review;2013, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p77
Credit rating agencies have suffered a serious loss in credibility in light of their role in the recent mortgage credit crisis of 2008. The documented bias in credit ratings confronts financial markets with uncertainties regarding their relevance. Should investors continue to rely on credit...
- Rating Withdrawn on Calif. Health District Bonds. Glazier, Kyle // Bondbuyer.com;8/14/2015, p1
Standard & Poor's announced Friday that it is withdrawing its rating on Palm Drive Health Care District, Calif. after repeated attempts to get necessary information from the issuer failed.
- Will Co. CUSD 365-U, Ill., Downgraded to AA-Minus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;8/25/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34366, p1
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said it has lowered its underlying rating on Will County Community Unit School District No. 365-U (Valley View), Ill.'s general obligation bonds to AA-minus from AA.
- Irvington Community Schools, Ind., Revs Downgraded to B-Minus by S&P. // Bond Buyer;8/25/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34366, p1
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said it lowered its long-term rating to B-minus from BB-minus on the Indiana Finance Authority's series 2009A and 2009B educational facilities revenue bonds, issued for Irvington Community Schools Inc.
- Stock Smarts. Weiss, Richard A. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);10/29/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p21
The article reports on stocks performance in the U.S. as of October 2007. The Dow Jones industrial average lost nearly 400 points. A 3 percent to 4 percent loss on the major domestic indices was incurred the week preceding the 20th anniversary of Black Monday. The Standard & Poor's 500 index is...
- JBS Returns with $750M HY Offer. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;6/16/2014, p1
The article reports on the return of JBS USA (JBS), the leading animal protein processor, in the market with a $750 million bond being offered in June 2014. Topics discussed include Brazilian meat processing company JBS SA, the plan of the company to use the proceeds to fund tender offers for...
- Athens-Clarke County, Ga., Water-Sewer Bonds Upgraded. Sigo, Shelly // Bondbuyer.com;4/28/2015, p1
The Athens-Clarke County Unified Government in Georgia won two rating upgrades ahead of pricing $208 million of water and sewerage revenue bonds.
- The Revenge Of The Nerds. Fox, Justin // Fortune;12/24/2001, Vol. 144 Issue 13, p26
This article provides information on the status of the bond market in the U.S. in 2001. Although the year has been beset by tragedy and crisis, the record-breaking exuberance of bond markets has nonetheless been remarkable. First, the numbers: Even after tanking in November 2001 when hints of a...