The Richest By Industry
- Billionaires asked to share the wealth. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter Weekend Edition;8/6/2010, Vol. 415 Issue 42, p6
The article presents information on the Giving Pledge, an initiative of billionaires Warren Buffett and Bill Gates. Buffett and Gates have urged billionaires to promise to give half of their wealth to charity. According to a report, Gates and Buffett have contacted only about 80 out of 937...
- THE RICHEST PEOPLE IN AMERICA: TOP 20. // Forbes Asia;Oct2011, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p66
The article lists the top richest people in the U.S. including Bill Gates, Chairman of Microsoft Corp., Warren Buffett, Chairman Berkshire Hathaway Inc. and Michael Bloomberg, owner of Bloomberg LP.
- BILLIONAIRES ON A ROLL. // New York Times Upfront;2/11/2008, Vol. 140 Issue 9, p4
This article reports on an increase in the number of the world's billionaires and their total wealth between 2003 and 2007. According to the magazine "Forbes," there are 946 billionaires in 2007. The magazine claims that Microsoft founder Bill Gates tops the list as the world's richest man for...
- Bill and Warren ride the rails. Wechsler, Pat; Friedman, Roger D. // New York;5/29/95, Vol. 28 Issue 22, p12
Reports on Bill Gates and Warren Buffett's alleged affinity after being seen hanging out together. Reputation as two of the richest men in the world.
- MAD MONEY. // Luxury Travel Advisor;Apr2009, p49
The article reports on "Forbes" magazine's list of the richest people in the world in 2009. According to the magazine, people in the U.S. account for 44 percent of the money on the list and 45 percent of its slots. Microsoft founder Bill Gates regained his title as the world's richest man...
- Dream team. // BRW;05/26/97, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p134
Reports the richest people in the United States, as recorded in `Forbes' magazine. Computer pioneer Bill Gates and investor Warren Buffett topping the list; Other billionaires.
- The Debunker: Millionaires, Billionaires Fare Better under Obama. LA ROCHELLE, MARK // Human Events;3/19/2012, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p12
The article reveals that rich people fared better under the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama. It highlights the efforts of Obama to recover his credibility with voters after years of palling around with billionaires like George Soros, Warren Buffett and Bill Gates. Obama plans to...
- The Top Ten. // Forbes Asia;10/10/2005, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p30
The article provides information on top richest people in the U.S. in 2005 according to The Forbes 400 list of "Forbes Asia." Microsoft Corp. co-founder William H. Gates III has investments in Canadian National Railway and Berkshire Hathaway. Berkshire Hathaway owner Warren Buffett is gaining a...
- The World's Top 20. Bertoni, Steven; Farrell, Andrew; Gell, Erin; Greenberg, Duncan; Obusan, Claire; Pendleton, Devon; Schultz, Keren Blankfeld; Zeppelin, Cristina von; Flannery, Russell; Karmali, Naazneen; Cavdar, Nilgün Balci; Dolan, Kerry A.; Atal, Maha; Bogan, Jesse; Turkey, Forbes; Russia, Forbes; Hawkins, Asher; Mazurin, Nikolai; Kashulinsky, Maxim; Turan, Ozer // Forbes Asia;3/30/2009, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p32
The article offers information on the top 20 billionaires worldwide as of March 2009. It states that the richest man in the world is Bill Gates, although he has already lost 30% of his wealth. It says that the second is Warren Buffet from the U.S., with 37 billion dollars. It adds that Carlos...