THE LAST ROUNDUP
- In a single bound, TBS buys 'Clark' from WBTV. Robins, J. Max // Variety;10/9/95, Vol. 360 Issue 10, p27
In his first address to his Turner Broadcasting System Inc. staff since the announced merger with Time Warner Inc., Ted Turner said that the company purchased off-network rights to Warner Bros. TV's "Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman," according to sources. It was the first...
- It's TBS time. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;9/25/95, Vol. 125 Issue 39, p8
Reports on the merger of Time Warner and Turner Broadcasting System. Advantage to Ted Turner due to the merger; Roles and responsibilities of the merger companies yet to be determined; Expected revenue and function of the combined companies.
- Can Ted be led? Ascher-Walsh, Rebecca // Entertainment Weekly;9/15/95, Issue 292, p22
Focuses on Ted Turner's ability to operate as part of a corporation he does not lead in the context of the merger of Turner Broadcasting System and Time Warner. Other executives involved; Comment from Harold Vogel.
- Turner takes a cue from Levin, downsizes deal. Peers, Martin // Variety;9/09/96, Vol. 364 Issue 6, p7
Reports on the revision of Ted Turner's employment contract with the merged Time Warner Inc. and Turner Broadcasting System. Terms of the revised contract; Details of the proxy report.
- Turner to get $100 mil deal. // Hollywood Reporter;9/28/95, Vol. 339 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the compensation package Ted Turner will receive when he becomes the vice-chairman of Time Warner Inc. under its planned buyout of Turner Broadcasting System Inc. as reported in the New York Times. Amount of Turner's compensation package; Questions raised by the other Turner...
- Turner to head TW cable interests. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;9/23/96, Vol. 126 Issue 40, p12
Reports on the appointment of Ted Turner as head of a cable network group as Time Warner merges its operations with Turner Broadcasting System. Speculations on the plans for the operations of the companies; Appointment of Terence McGuirk as chairman of subsidiary TBS Inc.; HBO's plan to dispose...
- Turner's worry over TW deal. Boliek, Brooks // Hollywood Reporter;10/11/95, Vol. 339 Issue 18, p4
Reports that Ted Turner is concerned that regulators will change the terms of the Time Warner-Turner Broadcasting merger. Examination of the deal by the Federal Trade Commission; Concern for anti-competitive activities in the deal; Antitrust requirement met by the deal.
- Turner tightens grip on TBS. // Hollywood Reporter;4/24/95, Vol. 336 Issue 48, p10
Reports that Ted Turner, chairman of Turner Broadcasting System Inc. has increased his voting control over the company through the acquisition of company Class A shares. Total stock holdings; Price of stock; Plans by Time Warner Inc. to sell its share of the company; Plans of Turner to buy out...
- Turner gets fast $100 mil from TW. // Variety;10/2/95, Vol. 360 Issue 9, p70
Reports on the amount paid by Time Warner Inc. to Ted Turner in compensation when he becomes the vice chairman of TW in the takeover of the Turner Broadcasting System Inc. Amount of Turner's yearly earnings before the stock options for the five-year package; Turner's stock share options from...