What Is Wealth in America?
- The world is mean to millionaires. Getty, J. Paul // Saturday Evening Post;5/22/1965, Vol. 238 Issue 10, p10
Reflects on being the richest man living in the U.S. Difference between a multimillionaire and a well-to-do man; Information on the letters he received everyday; Penalties of being rich.
- Australia rides high. Tankukar, Amita // BRW;5/19/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p24
Reports on the increase in the number of millionaires in Australia. Estimates of total wealth; Factors contributing to the increasing number of wealthy people in the country.
- What happened to SA's 'new' millionaires. Muller, Joan // Finance Week;12/01/2000, p15
Offers a look at the paper wealth of South Africans millionaires as of December 2000. Number of companies which emerged in more than a year through the end of 1998; Increases in share prices of listings in the JSE Securities Exchange; Factors which influenced the increase in rich people in...
- Millionaires on the rise in India. // Siliconindia;Aug2004, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p14
Reports on the increase in affluent individuals in India. Total number of millionaires in the country; Proportion of millionaires' cash invested in the stock market; Growth rate of millionaires per year.
- The De-wealth Effect. Asnes, Marion // Financial Planning;May2009, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p39
The article focuses on the findings of the "2009 Phoenix Wealth Survey." It mentions that the number of millionaires in the U.S. declined in both 2002 and 2008. More than 70 percent of high-net-worth (HNW) respondents reported feeling less wealthy than they had in 2008. It cites the implications...
- Millionaire Confidence Drives Rebound in Household Outlook. // Millionaire Corner;Dec2012, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p8
The article reports on the performance of the Spectrem Affluent Household Outlook, a survey of Affluent attitudes toward financial factors that impact their daily lives, for December 2012. It reveals that due to concerns over the fiscal cliff issue, Household Assets, Company Health and Household...
- Inside the Forty Richest. // Fortune;9/27/1999, Vol. 140 Issue 6, p96
Notes individuals selected as 'Fortune' magazine's list of the top richest people in the United States under the age of forty. Examples of why some were excluded from the list; Education; Approximate worth in dollars.
- More rich Australians great news for planners. Ramachandran, Arjun // Money Management;6/29/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p6
The article discusses the World Wealth Report, released by Merrill Lynch and Capsgemini, which showed that the growth in the number of high-net-worth individuals (HNWI) in Australia has surpassed the global average. The report found that 12,000 Australians in 2004 had joined the ranks of HNWI,...
- WHY I AM NOT RICH. Capp, Al // Saturday Evening Post;Mar1974, Vol. 246 Issue 2, p48
Relates the author's experiences on how he became rich. Principle adopted by the author; Humble beginnings of the author; Regrets of the author.