Can HR Pinch This on-the-Job Habit?
- HUMAN RESOURCES. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/23/2012, Vol. 41 Issue 39, p9
This section offers news briefs related to human resources, including the data released by the National Partnership for Women & Families about gender-based wage gap in Utah and the release of data wage data that cover over 600 occupations by the Department of Workforce Services.
- TUC prompts firms to address sex pay gap. // Personnel Today;8/19/2003, p7
Focuses on the report by Trades Union Congress (TUC) which states that employers in Great Britain are increasingly taking action to close the gender pay gap. Responsiveness of employers on taking steps to address the issue; Training program by TUC for union representatives to make them equal...
- A Plan for Keeping Employees Motivated. // Workforce;Aug2001, Vol. 80 Issue 8, p66
Answers questions on personnel management. How to keep employees motivated; Structure of human resources; Disadvantages of group termination.
- The Receptionist Who Won't Play Along. Miklave, Matthew T.; Trafimow, A. Jonathan; Hatch, D. Diane; Hall, James E. // Workforce;Feb2002, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p72
Answers several questions on personnel management. How to conduct the actual job-elimination meeting; Necessity of providing adequate notice of terminating employees under an employee-at-will agreement. INSETS: Can't Fire on Basis of FMLA Leave;Fraud Suit Not Barred by Labor Law.
- Clearing the Deadwood. Connolly, Paul M. // Training & Development Journal;Jan1986, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p58
Focuses on how managers should terminate an employee. Employee performance documentation; Termination meeting plan; Expression of gratitude to terminated employees; Emotional aspects that complicate termination decisions.
- Incompetence not the Primary Reason Heads Roll. Moats, Marilyn // Training & Development Journal;Jul86, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p8
No abstract available.
- Fair treatment reduces bad feelings. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;02/12/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p19
Focuses on proper employee dismissal in the United States. Effects of proper personnel management on employees; Impact of humiliation on terminated workers; Details on fair retrenchment processes.
- Ending the unproductive employment relationship. Smith, Shawn // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/31/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 13, p4
Presents recommendations on techniques to use when firing an employee. Adverse consequences of rash actions; Legal liability that can be created by firing in haste; Importance of retaining the flexibility to replace problem employees; Factors that can complicate the firing process; Termination...
- A plan for success. Lewis, David // Fairfield County Business Journal;1/28/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p17
Provides tips and information in tackling demoralized employees in the U.S. Knowledge and understanding on how to handle the responsibilities of terminated employees; Importance of clear internal communication; Aversion of rumors and cutting speculations of midstream.