Employee Assistance Program Discussions are Privileged
- Old Calif. controversy over W.C. medical-legal defense costs resurfaces. // Insurance Advocate;08/08/98, Vol. 109 Issue 31, p5
Reports that a 1994 controversy over workers' compensation medical-legal defense costs in California has resurfaced with the decision by Insurance Commissioner Chuck Quackenbush. Overview of the case Schaefer versus State Compensation Insurance Fund; Reaction of the California Workers'...
- Was worker's mental injury 'sudden and extraordinary'? // Safety Alert for Supervisors;4/9/2012, Vol. 9 Issue 211, p4
The article discusses the court case State Compensation Insurance Fund v. Garcia wherein the court ruled in favor of the company, citing that there is nothing extraordinary for someone who works from a ladder to fall and suffer mental injuries.
- Calif. Judge Upends $1.1 B Suit vs. Calif. State Fund On Unfair Claims Reserving. // Insurance Advocate;7/07/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 25, p10
Reports that the class action suit against the State Compensation Insurance Fund of California company has come up empty for the number of plaintiffs. Decision of Judge John E. Munter about the case; Funds for the reserving practices; Failure of the plaintiffs to prove their claims; Violation...
- Fund to ask reconsideration. // Business Insurance;04/13/98, Vol. 32 Issue 15, p2
Reports on a request by the State Compensation Insurance Fund (SCIF) for the affirmation of a $300,000 award to be reconsidered, which was due to the mishandling of the workers compensation claims of the McGregor Yatch Corporation. Indication that the SCIF failed to adequately investigate all...
- Late News. // Business Insurance;6/2/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 22, p1
Presents news briefs related to business insurance as of June 02, 2003. Decision of State Compensation Insurance Fund to file a lawsuit to prevent California Insurance Commissioner John Garamendi and the Department of Insurance from taking control of operations; Plans of the U.S. Financial...
- Legal briefs. F.C. // Entrepreneur;Jun95, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p13
Presents news briefs on Supreme Court rulings related to reverse discrimination. Court's denial of appeals on cases of unfair black promotion from Alabama and Pittsburgh; Court's likely decision on a white-owned construction company passed over for a federal job.
- Costly sex harassment penalty. Lissy, William E. // Supervision;Feb91, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p21
Presents a case on sexual harassment by discussing that of the Baker vs. Weyerhaeuser Company. Background information of the case; Award given by the federal district court to the complainant; The court's decision on the case.
- No compromise with sexual harrasment. Dreyer, R.S. // Supervision;Jul92, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p17
Presents a case about sexual harassment at Flagler Pharmaceutical Company. Account on the Clarence Thomas hearing and William Kennedy Smith trial.
- Large award issued in harassment suit. // Christian Century;11/23/94, Vol. 111 Issue 34, p1106
Reports that Denver, Colo. resident Carol Klein has been awarded $690,000 in a sexual harassment suit involving United Methodist Minister Glenn Chambers. Klein's out-of-court settlements with Chambers and the Grace United Methodist Church.