- Personnel Today's at-a-glance business data. Broad, Mike // Personnel Today;1/22/2002, p58
Presents charts and graphs depicting on personnel management in Great Britain. Increment of unemployment rate; Reduction of skill shortages; Growth of average permanent salaries.
- Personnel Today's at-a-glance business data. Broad, Mike // Personnel Today;6/25/2002, p62
Presents a graphical data on personnel management in Great Britain. Decline in unemployment rate; Growth of average permanent salaries; Recovery of business confidence.
- Bad week for... // Personnel Today;8/11/2009, p2
The article offers news briefs related to human resource (HR) management which include the presence of gender pay gap in workplaces, and cooperation of departments such as payroll and expenses.
- Can you still say, `it's only payroll'? O'Connell, Sandra E. // HRMagazine;Jan95, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p33
Focuses on the effect of the increased complexity of payroll systems to corporate human resource information systems. Shift of responsibility for payroll from accounting to personnel; Difference in purpose and system architecture of payroll and human resource computer systems.
- Pay plans that reward employee achievement. Grib, Gail; O'Donnell, Susan // HRMagazine;Jul95, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p49
Reports that compensation strategies and programs are changing dramatically, and the competency-based approach to pay is quickly gaining adherents, according to a survey by Towers Perrin. Case of a small service organization which identified seven basic areas of competency for individual employees.
- Public sector is told to increase London weighting. // Personnel Today;7/9/2002, p4
Reports the demand for increase of payment by public sector employees for staff recruitment and retention in London, England. Compensation needed by the public sector employees in comparable to private sector; Reasons for additional compensation to public sector employees.
- TALKING POINT. Crabb, Steve // People Management;11/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 23, p5
Introduces a series of articles on personnel management, including the purpose of payroll giving.
- Speaking of Pay. Satterfield, Terry // HR Magazine;Mar2003, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p99
Presents guidelines for managers regarding the discussion of an employee's salary. Importance of specificity; Questions about the basis of pay; Purposes of various forms of pay.
- Salary monitor. // Personnel Today;2/25/2003, p43
Presents data related to annual salaries given by various sectors in Great Britain as of February 25, 2003. Amount of salary given by information technology industry; Annual salary of human resource managers in energy sector; Average advertised salaries of assistant human resource managers...
- Need a change? Jump on the banding wagon. LeBlanc, Peter V.; McInerney, Michael // Personnel Journal;Jan94, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p72
Discusses the management strategy called banding. Definition of banding; Effects of banding on employees' compensation scale; Risks of banding; Companies that have adopted banding strategy; Comparison of banding with traditional job-grading systems; Role of human resources department in job...