Four Steps to Building E-Learning Success
- Need training? Outside service shows promise. Bethoney, Herb // PC Week;10/13/97, Vol. 14 Issue 43, p41
Examines outsourcing the creation of a distance learning World Wide Web site as an alternative to do-it-yourself corporate training. Companies like Real Education Inc. which provide Web site creation; Why Web-based instruction is attractive; Estimates for the amount of money that corporations...
- Distance learning with PCB design skills centre. // Electronics Weekly;5/7/2003, Issue 2098, p30
Focuses on the distance learning option called Flexible Fast-track offered by the Electronic Design Realization (EDR) center for companies that want to train employees into a design role. Overview of the content of the Flexible fast-track; Remarks from EDR center director William Campbell...
- Classrooms without walls: Three companies that took the plunge. Lohman, Janice Snow // Training & Development;Sep98, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p38
Cites the lessons learned by Electronic Data Systems (EDS), the Tennessee Valley Authority University and MCI Communications from the implementation of their respective distance learning programs. Shift from low-technology classroom to internal interactive distance learning network; Development...
- FIGHT IDENTITY FRAUD. DANCU, JOHN // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Dec2014, p32
In this article, the author discusses how to address identity frauds associated with workers engaged in distance learning. It reveals that online occupational training may help fake workers to earn credentials to gain an employment. It further mentions that Knowledge Based Authentication helps...
- The Virtual Reality. TODD, ALAN // Chief Learning Officer;Apr2014, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p26
The article examines the role of online learning and distance education in employee training. The introduction of such methods in training of executives, traditionally done in a formal classroom setting, is examined, particularly training in the ability to collaborate as a leadership skills. The...
- Launch of ODL Website. // Manager: British Journal of Administrative Management;Jan/Feb98, Issue 8, p6
Reports on the launch of the Open and Distance Learning Quality Council's Web site.
- Easier evaluation with Web-based tools. Kimball, Lisa // Training & Development;Apr98, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p54
Presents a sampling of World Wide Web options for training evaluation and reinforcement. Includes Web-based electronic mail; Audio teleconferencing; Web conferencing. INSET: Sites on Web-based tools..
- From classroom to chat room. Pritchard, Carl L. // Training & Development;Jun98, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p76
Describes several approaches to Web-based training. Threaded discussions; Use of chat rooms; Electronic mail; Understanding Hypertext Markup Language (HTML).
- Employee training offered on the Net. // Westchester County Business Journal;6/17/96, Vol. 35 Issue 25, p21
Reports on `Internet Informatics' employee training program offered by the Polytechnic University on the Internet computer network.