Planning and Cost-estimating Saves Huge Relocation Costs
- Getting Control of 'Miscellaneous.'. BIGELOW, PETER // Printed Circuit Design & Fab: Circuits Assembly;Sep2012, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p17
The article discusses the importance of controlling miscellaneous expenses in business. According to the author, moving a facility from one place to another will entail costs, including the cost of training employees and working through logistics differences between the old and the new location....
- North-South Divide -- Should Employees Fear Relocation? // Management Services;Dec1988, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p36
There is a lot of wastage in human resources in this country where much needed skilled staff are unemployed because they live in areas where their services are not required. The major problem hindering the mobility of employees is the cost of housing for those wishing to move to the South East...
- How toâ€¦ manage an HR project. Beagrie, Scott // Personnel Today;4/18/2006, p31
The article reports on the efficient management of human resource projects. A project could be anything from a restructuring exercise to implementing a new benefits system. To secure commitment from everyone involved, HR manager will need a solid appreciation of how the project fits with...
- You may have to move to multiply your profits. Schmitt, Joseph // Contractor Magazine;Apr97, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p13
Cites potential benefits of relocation for a business enterprise. Importance of the presence of a reasonable customer base in an area; Potential dilemma associated with a move; Benefits of venturing in other dynamic communities; Chances of failure related to establishment in an area where one's...
- Some money managers won't take Manhattan. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;10/29/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 22, p3
Reports on the migration of money management firms after the terrorist attacks in New York. Deal signed by OppenheimerFunds Inc. to lease in midtown Garment District in Manhattan; Relocation of employees of the Bear Stearns Asset Management; Plans of Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co. to sell its...
- Companies, workers alike must prepare for move. // Westchester County Business Journal;08/30/99, Vol. 38 Issue 35, p22
Focuses on business management strategies to facilitate corporate relocation. Availment of the services of relocation specialists; Recommendation of diagnostic questions managers should ask when relocating employees.
- The State Throw Open Its Office Doors. P., Shankar // Business News New Jersey;9/18/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 38, p18
Reports the developments of relocating Manhattan companies to Jersey City, New Jersey. Lease of an entire AT&T complex by American Express; Magnitude of office space needed by Lehman Brothers; Deal of Port Authority for office spaces in Newark's Gateway Buildings.
- Checklist for the relocation decision. // Fairfield County Business Journal;05/24/99, Vol. 38 Issue 21, p16
Cites important considerations in making decisions concerning business relocation. Adequacy of workforce in the destination area; Labor costs; Attitude of workers; Availability of raw materials in adequate quantity.
- Purcell Systems plans move to Liberty Lake. Parish, Linn // Journal of Business (10756124);11/22/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 24, pA9
Focuses on the industrial plans of Purcell Systems Inc. in Spokane, Washington. Agreement of the company to lease an office-and-warehouse building at Liberty Lake; Details on the planned operation; Projection of annual sales of products.